Keinan Davis

a-k

9 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Only ever seems to get 12 mins but always looks strong, good touch and involved, yet somehow gets slated every time. Did more in those 12 mins than watkins.

Tragically I agree with you. I don't think he'll ever be a goalscorer, but he showed Watkins up tonight.

He should be upset that he's only ever getting an average of 10 minutes exclusively when the opposition close up shop in the final minutes to see the game up. He should've come on for Trezeguet at least 10 minutes earlier, possibly even before they got their second. As limited as he is, he seems to be the only alternative to a game plan which clearly isn't working. 

• Like 1

There's no way Smith drops Watkins so only way we will see him play is if he put Watkins on the wing. I actually think Watkins playing on the left and Grealish as a 10 is an option and might help with actually getting players on the ball in and around the box. 

47 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Only ever seems to get 12 mins but always looks strong, good touch and involved, yet somehow gets slated every time. Did more in those 12 mins than watkins.

44 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gets a start for me. Watkins is in really poor form and he offers something different. 

Shows how poor our squad depth is in some areas. 

For me, it's more a thing that, Davis is better at dealing with the type of shite being thrown at Ollie. Different types of player.

Ollie is a harrier, poacher and finisher, Davis is a battering ram.

We are often playing to Ollie as if he is 6 ft 4 and built like Lukaku ffs.

Always said I think they would be good foil for each other.

When we are playing like that, Ollie doesn't stand a chance on his own.

Which is why it's hilarious to me when people suggest chucking in a little light 17 hear old Barry as the answer. Lol

If it has to be one or the other, based on how we have been playing, then Davis up there is more effective.

I's rather have Ollie wide forward than Trez.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

We seems to like the idea of the link up man behind the striker (Barkley role) , so why not try Watkins in that role with Davis up top

Davis is more physical than Watkins and can hold the ball up where Watkins often struggles and Watkins has more energy and link up play in him than anyone else on the pitch currently , so could be win win

Other advantage  is it gives us a few games to see how Watkins might adapt to that role once Wesley is back ( unless Wes is just going to be a sub long term )

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me, it's more a thing that, Davis is better at dealing with the type of shite being thrown at Ollie. Different types of player.

Ollie is a harrier, poacher and finisher, Davis is a battering ram.

We are often playing to Ollie as if he is 6 ft 4 and built like Lukaku ffs.

Always said I think they would be good foil for each other.

When we are playing like that, Ollie doesn't stand a chance on his own.

Which is why it's hilarious to me when people suggest chucking in a little light 17 hear old Barry as the answer. Lol

I still think Keinan needs to be playing games on loan somewhere, but when we're not creating anything in a game, Keinan offers much more than Ollie. I think there's a player there, I've heard Jack saying in an interview he's so strong in training and a good touch, I can see that in his limited cameos, he just needs games, but probably won't get enough game time here right now.

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Deserves a start but no way Smith is dropping Watkins or changing his system 

I'd ideally rather change the system then drop Ollie.

Even if insistent on keeping the same system, make Ollie the wide forward and Davis the target.

By the time next match comes round Jack should be back anyway so nine of it will happen.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Even me...he did alright when he came on

So when I suggested in the match thread that he should come on and you said no point he is crap does that mean you were wrong?

5 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I wouldn't be against us going 4-4-2, as unsexy as it sounds (and is). All we do is lump it forward or cross it from out wide anyway... 

Even a narrow 4-4-2 of 

Martinez

Cash        Konsa            Mings       Targett

Sanson     Luiz  Nakamba   McGinn

Watkins   Davis

Could work when no Jack is available.

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So when I suggested in the match thread that he should come on and you said no point he is crap does that mean you were wrong?

Yes mate I was wrong.  I have no ego, when I’m wrong I’m wrong and I’ll admit it.

I still think he’s crap generally and should be sold or loaned out in the summer because he doesn’t have it.  He did a few nice things tonight but doesn’t change the long term about him.

Â