Eric Black

villan-scott

Just now, a m ole said:

Why would Lerner out chants affect younger players?

Take out Lescott, Richards, Bacuna et al, the booing stops.

No it won't

Just now, KHV said:

No it won't

haha, yeah OK mate. Andre Green got absolute pelters when he came on, didn't he?

Even though you're wrong, as an aside, if I was a 20 year old player I would be offended that a manager thought I'd be affected by hearing a crowd express their dissatisfaction towards the owner or Bacuna or Lescott. 

Agreed.  The toxic atmosphere is because the same toxic players keep getting picked.  A few kids and the first teamers who actually give a shit would get a completely different reaction IMO. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Agreed.  The toxic atmosphere is because the same toxic players keep getting picked.  A few kids and the first teamers who actually give a shit would get a completely different reaction IMO. 

Agreed. Even if we got thumped 6-0 as long as they put their heart and soul into it they'd probably get applauded off.

I know what you're getting at, but I think a 6-0 is pushing it.  It's hard to see any 6-0 side being applauded off.  In fact I imagine most of the fans would have left before that point in our case.

I don't get the assumption they'd be battered, anyway. I'm convinced a handful of youngsters along side the professional members of our squad would at least be capable of competing. They wouldn't be giving up after conceding one.

11 hours ago, KHV said:

No it won't

You do sometimes give the impression of disagreeing with people for the sake of it. 

Obviously the reception would be better, there isn't even a debate to be had on the topic. We literally have evidence, from recent weeks, of the reception young players got and it was always less negative than the senior players. 

• Like 1

Blue Nose Bruce in trying to sabotage Villa shocker!!

According to The Mirror, Hull City boss Steve Bruce has urged Nigel Pearson to keep Eric Black at Villa Park if he does end up taking the job.

Villa are on the hunt for a new manager after Remi Garde's departure in March, and unsurprisingly want somebody with Championship experience to lead the club out of the second tier.

With relegation to the Championship already confirmed for Villa, a manager who not only knows the division inside out but has also won promotion out of the division into the Premier League is also preferred - making Nigel Pearson the unsurprising favourite.

The Mirror report that Pearson - who won the Championship title with Leicester in 2014 and then kept the Foxes in the Premier League - has held a second round of talks with Villa about taking the job, and appears to be edging closer to taking the job, barring a late offer from his former club Middlesbrough.

An interesting note in the report is that Hull City manager Steve Bruce - who has been linked with the Villa job himself - has allegedly spoken to Pearson and given him a glowing recommendation on Eric Black.

Black is currently in interim charge of Villa, and worked as Bruce's assistant at both Birmingham City and Sunderland, meaning he knows the Scot inside out.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/27/report-steve-bruce-tells-pearson-to-have-eric-black-on-his-aston/?

9 hours ago, rubberman said:

I agree with this. I know some fans are idiots but i doubt we would boo or jeer players we know we will have to rely on next season and years to come, especially as they can't be blamed for the shite we are in.

21 hours ago, a m ole said:

I don't get the assumption they'd be battered, anyway. I'm convinced a handful of youngsters along side the professional members of our squad would at least be capable of competing. They wouldn't be giving up after conceding one.

I agree Watford are playing out the season and Newcastle are crap, maybe Arsenal game might be game too much though

Â