Eric Black

villan-scott

I don't like his selections at all, but I really don't think he deserves to be called an arsehole.  When I listen to him speak he often says the right things and speaks well of the club and the supporters, he's just not very good and he's managing a bunch of very poor players who have largely given up.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

Just now, Richard said:

Well here's my tip for Eric.  See those very poor players who have given up,  dont **** pick them FFS.  Pick players who want to show they are keen to have a good career in the game not those who have given up on their careers 

Like I said I don't like his selections and think your right.

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Black is just a another person who the club will have to pay to get rid of. What a shambles. Hopefully the new manager, and his backroom team entourage, last a few years at least.

another reason why short term should not be an option

• Like 1

Surely it's about giving us a bit of hope for next season.

Putting a few of the kids out would get the fans behind them and even if we lost 3-0 or 4-0; I would guarantee that our fans wouldn't boo them off as I bet they'd have put a shift in.

That's the issue here. None of these players put a shift in. They are better (on paper) than what they show, but there is a black, negative, smouldering stink that has swept through the club like water ripped through the Titanic and turned average/good players into diabolical specimens of arrogance and self-importance who are dictating what they are and aren't prepared to do.

On another note; was talking to a SHA fan at work today. He said that when Steve Bruce took them up, they had Mark Bowen. Bowen left, guess who came in? Eric Black. He reckoned it all went downhill after that, and it would be hard to disagree when you see what he's done under Remi and now since he's been running things. 

Once Bruce left them, Black took charge on a caretaker basis, dropped their main GK for a shit keeper who wasn't up to League Two status, let alone PL and went from there.

That was just one or two games apparently, yet we've had weeks of it and I've seen ZERO improvement.

Eric Black is NOT a good coach - his performances here, and historically elsewhere proves that, so I find it hard to understand why certain people in the media (and on here) think he is.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Another ex player on WM backing Black for not bring in the youth. He says it will kill them to play in front of us fans. They really don't know how we feel do they.

The protests, the booing, the horrible atmosphere currently engulfing games are not going to suddenly stop just because Black picks a few kids.

I don't like the man at all and his selections are baffling at best,  i really hope the fella is quickly out the door, but I'm really not sure now is the best time to be throwing the kids in. 

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Another ex player on WM backing Black for not bring in the youth. He says it will kill them to play in front of us fans. They really don't know how we feel do they.

I wouldn't play the kids either, Villa Park is the the most toxic atmosphere in the country. It is not going to get any better anytime soon and certainly not by playing the kids.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

You think the support at home is all of a sudden going to be really great because a few U-21's are picked? :lol:

really great? no. but if you remove the source of the poison, it will stop.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

really great? no. but if you remove the source of the poison, it will stop.

Picking U-21 players does not replace Lerner

picking Toner over Lescott, Green over Sinclair, Lyden ahead of Bacuna and Suliman over Richards and a traffic cone instead of Richardson would certainly lift the atmosphere around the place

• Like 2

Â