Eric Black

villan-scott

Whoever does come in as new manager better be bringing an entire backroom staff with him -- assistants, coaches, medical staff, everything. It's not just the playing staff that needs a massive overhaul. The entire club needs root-and-branch reform.

Had little interest in the game yesterday but was shown the team pre kick off and just couldn't believe my eyes at what he picked yet again, can anyone give me a logical reason why Black is doing this.

And just seeing the goals now on MOTD 2 and how hopeless Bacuna and Lescott were yet again, I just don't understand it. 

And yet Black has all these FA coaching badges.

I thought this guy might have a set of balls on him, because he came out early into his new job being pretty critical of the whole situation with the club. But now I think he was probably a significant problem himself while he worked with Garde, and now of course. I just want this all to be over, this is painful.

I am loathe to be too critical of Black in fairness. He didn't come in to manage the football club he came in as Gardes assistant and is now simply just keeping the seat warm for the next man.

Some of his team selections have been poor as have some of his substitutions. That has been the case under the previous three guys to manage us this season as well though. I think most accept that Garde inherited a poor situation and many had a fair amount of sympathy for him. In that case I think it is fair to say Black arguably inherited at least an equally big a mess and I had zero expectation that he would improve things given the state of the squad and the lack of confidence and desire from within the players to go with the lack of ability.

Black may well be half decent coach but he is not management material. He didn't come in to manage us though thankfully and is simply a stop gap who I'd like to think is doing his best with the shambles he inherited.

• Like 3

As we're already down and he's likely to be replaced when the new owner and manager come in, he's probably just picking teams that will cause him the least amount of hassle from the dickhead players on a day to day basis. Can't say I blame him. 

He has basically said Lescott will feature in rest of games which is a total joke....costing us goals, insults us fans and the manager basically assures him of a place in the team while freezing out veretout, okore and Traore. ....well done Black you clearing in the woods 

Edited by deamie

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

As we're already down and he's likely to be replaced when the new owner and manager come in, he's probably just picking teams that will cause him the least amount of hassle from the dickhead players on a day to day basis. Can't say I blame him. 

Well I **** can. 

And judging by the booing on Saturday (I could hear our own players being booed while I was standing outside the Aston hotel) 'anything for a quiet life' seems like a fairly unlikely source of motivation for these decisions. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Duck said:

Ask the youth players who fancies a crack. Select the best from those and sprinkle into the starting 11.

Anyone think maybe the u21s are being prioritised now?

First team relegated, nothing to play for.

U21s have a promotion play off tonight.

Not overly surprised 'the kids' aren't being thrown into the first team. They have better things to be doing right now.

8 hours ago, supernova26 said:

A case for Mulder and Scully why he sticks with that shyte team Garde played all the time.

here's some stats for your case - 

amount of times Remi Garde played the same line up that Black has: 0

amount of those players bought by Remi Garde: 0

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

here's some stats for your case - 

amount of times Remi Garde played the same line up that Black has: 0

amount of those players bought by Remi Garde: 0

Great stuff. Really pleased in picked Richardson for two of those games.

He is a dunce. Just shows any word removed can get a coaching badge. I think Andy Sitton had the highest badges himself. I would have that thicko in charge before Black.

Lol I've heard it all. He's doing it for a quiet life. Well first of all he is supposed to be a professional. I know the concept of professionalism is alien to our club and has been since that clown Lerner walked into the place , but a professional he is and he is receiving pay for being a professional .

secmdly who knows whether he is staying or going. If he's staying or wants to stay he should be looking to impress, not just doing things for a quiet life.

if he is going to go then presumably he's looking for a job somewhere else, and doing things for a quiet life won't help that. If he is going then why worry about the dickhead players just dump them.

then we have the comments that he was his own man and hanging the players and club out when he first started in the caretaker role , dropping gabby etc. How tough was that decision? Flabby was suspended ffs! Now it's 'probably he's doing it to allow the fans a chance to have a go' what and make the toxic atmosphere worse? That won't help the club at all in the next few months and is totally unprofessional 

no he is not doing it for a quiet life he is doing it as he is incompetent .

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Great stuff. Really pleased in picked Richardson for two of those games.

He is a dunce. Just shows any word removed can get a coaching badge. I think Andy Sitton had the highest badges himself. I would have that thicko in charge before Black.

which part of my post was:

1. defending Eric Black

2.suggesting Richardson should have played

?

1 hour ago, Richard said:

no he is not doing it for a quiet life he is doing it as he is incompetent .

I don't think you're far off. 

It could be that the guy is just a shit manager of course and has been thrown into a position that has left him way out of his depth. Maybe this is him doing his best and if so I don’t have a problem with that. Never in a million years should we have found ourselves with Eric Black managing us ffs but that isn't his fault. That is down to the diabolical way the club has been run over a number of years and which has culminated in Eric Black as caretaker manager overseeing a squad of players that had mustered 3 wins in 30 games and who were sitting miles adrift at the foot of the table and almost to a man didn't give a shit when he took over. I am not sure what people expected from what is likely a poor manager out of his depth overseeing this mob of players.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, supernova26 said:

A case for Mulder and Scully why he sticks with that shyte team Garde played all the time.

As has already been pointed out, this is not the team that Garde played, at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't think you're far off. 

It could be that the guy is just a shit manager of course and has been thrown into a position that has left him way out of his depth. Maybe this is him doing his best and if so I don’t have a problem with that. Never in a million years should we have found ourselves with Eric Black managing us ffs but that isn't his fault. That is down to the diabolical way the club has been run over a number of years and which has culminated in Eric Black as caretaker manager overseeing a squad of players that had mustered 3 wins in 30 games and who were sitting miles adrift at the foot of the table and almost to a man didn't give a shit when he took over. I am not sure what people expected from what is likely a poor manager out of his depth overseeing this mob of players.

37 or 40 years of experience though Mark according to the man himself

Â