Eric Black

villan-scott

I find it incredible that he can claim that he will only ever pick what he feels is the best team based on his 37 years of experience 

In 37 years he has not learned that defenders who leak goals should not play. Players who alienate the crowd leading to a poisonous atmosphere should not play.  Attacking players who have absolutely no influence on the game should not be played and a team which has rolled over and lost easily for game after game does not need personnel changes......... Really l?..... Really in 37 years he has not garnered enough experience to see that? . In my job I would have just written my own instant dismissal 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't have any hate for him, he's not a football manager. Picking Richardson was mental, but I can see the logic in not throwing the kids to the wolves even if I don't necessarily agree. 

I don't think he will be throwing them to the wolves though. I doubt at any future time in their careers will they play in front of a crowd expecting so little from them yet so delighted to see them in the team and so willing for them to do well and 100% supportive of them

I actually think it's an ideal time to blood them. They will probably get olays each time they touch the ball followed by a boo if it is passed to one of the usual tw@ts

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Actually, in a perverse way, is Black giving us what we want? I.e. a forum to actually slaughter all of our worst players?

said before I think he putting them on pitch so fans can abuse them

• Like 1

**** off Black!! There is a reason WHY no club has ever took you on perm you absolute cockwomble

Majority of the fans would get behind Green for say Bacuna. Or Toner for Lescott for last few games as nothing to lose!! You haven't a clue

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-eric-black-vows-11230451

Eric Black admits it would be ‘unprofessional’ of him to select a team based on the supporters’ opinions.

Villa fans continue to boo Micah Richards, Brad Guzan, Joleon Lescott, and Leandro Bacuna for varying reasons but Black has so far stuck by the latter three.

While the caretaker boss refuses to criticise the fans and has continually expressed how he understands why the claret and blue faithful are so frustrated, he will only select the players he thinks are capable of giving the team the best chance of winning.

“I can only pick on 37 years of football experience. That’s all I go on.

“I can’t pick it depending on what journalists say and what supporters say. That would be unprofessional of me.

“I can understand the fans frustrations and they will definitely have ideas about the team they would want to see, I’ve no doubt about that.

“I think that multiplies because of the circumstances. But again, I cannot be led down that road. I can’t succumb to that.”

Black is not afraid of taking stick from the terraces and admits he will deal with it if it comes his way.

“I’m standing there so I will take it.

“It’s difficult circumstances for everybody at the moment.

“I don’t want to be accusing the fans of anything because they keep turning up.

“They’re trying to voice their opinions on certain players and they will have had those from over a certain period of time.

“We’re professional people and it’s not always rosy in the garden of football. You have to respond to it.”

I cant believe how much I dislike this guy in such a short space of time. Bring back Remi :(

Dwight Yorke take over for the last 4 games please. Id even take Collymore. At least he will get rid of these absolute rocket polishers that keep getting picked.

26 minutes ago, KSV said:

I cant believe how much I dislike this guy in such a short space of time. Bring back Remi :(

Dwight Yorke take over for the last 4 games please. Id even take Collymore. At least he will get rid of these absolute rocket polishers that keep getting picked.

Ha ha dwight yorke!!! Don't be silly now.

What's hard to understand about the fact that we have an awful set of players and that not even mourinho would be able to find a half decent team in there?!

How many managers do we need to go through before some fans realise that, yes, it's the players that are the problem?!

**** it, I defended him a few weeks ago as at that point I felt he hadn't actually done anything wrong, and I'm still loathed to attack him now because I'm glad he played all the losers yesterday as it gave the VP faithful a chance to shout back at them.

That press conference however has made him out to look a complete and utter buffoon, I do now think he is a total melt but I'm gonna hold back until I see what team he puts out next. If it's the same again then he deserves pelters. 

Or is he giving these losers nowhere to hide until the bitter end to the detriment of his own reputation?

Edited by Ingram85

We all know the PR people at this club are on par with the owner and players. 

But someone at the club must realize that if we played the younger players and those not in direct responsibility for our current position in the final home game against Newcastle then this toxic (albeit entertaining atmosphere) would be somewhat replaced by support and dare I say some excitement.

We all wan't to boo the responsible team when they make a walk of shame around the ground after the final whistle, but I doubt they'll do that either way. So we might as well put out a team that we can get behind and support.

No one can say we would be putting out a weakened team, because the current team has lost 10 straight and amassed  16 points all season. 

Players like Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Bacuna & Okore should not even be in the squad (force them to be in the stands) and Sinclair & Richardson should not be starting either.

Do this and the final home game will serve as something more than just the diarrhea frosting on the shit cake that is our season.

Edit: Obviously the manager should always be the one who picks the team, but as Black appears to be somewhat of a moron and is not a proper manager anyway I have no problem this time if someone higher at the club picks the team.

Edited by sne

Alienating some of our better / saleable / salvageable / useable next season players in the way he is doing is making the summer even harder for us and potentially harming our future even more.

utter cockwobble 

• Like 3

If the youngsters aren't good enough or aren't mentally or physically up to it to play out a few practice games that have no meaning, why on earth are they here? What is the plan during the summer to get them ready for away games at Leeds, Millwall, Birmingham, Sheffield...... 

I guess the club is just planning on selling Bacuna to Real Madrid and use the winnings to buy 15 proven promotion quality newbies.

• Like 1

Why on earth dose this man repetitively pick (when fit) the likes of Gabby, Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Bacuna, Sinclair & Richardson. 

Why anger the fans even more and rub our noses in dog small-heath!

Edited by Kingman

7 hours ago, Straggler said:

It is weird that he feels his priority is winning games.  That ship has sailed.  A win is as relevant to us now as a 20% off petrol voucher to a dead goldfish. Our priority should be preparing for next season, which may include blooding a few players who may be of use in place of the players we know want no part of it.  I'm thoroughly fed up of the woolly thinking that come out of Villa Park these days.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Alienating some of our better / saleable / salvageable / useable next season players in the way he is doing is making the summer even harder for us and potentially harming our future even more.

utter cockwobble 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If the youngsters aren't good enough or aren't mentally or physically up to it to play out a few practice games that have no meaning, why on earth are they here? What is the plan during the summer to get them ready for away games at Leeds, Millwall, Birmingham, Sheffield...... 

I guess the club is just planning on selling Bacuna to Real Madrid and use the winnings to buy 15 proven promotion quality newbies.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

At a time when nothing more could go wrong, we've managed to find this moron who is doing some real damage for next season as well.

What a mess.

All of these comments are absolutely on-point. 

I can only assume that he keeps picking the players he'd want to see here next season. In other words, he's happy for a season of Richardses and Bacunas and Guzans and Lescotts and poisonous atmospheres with players who have burnt every possible bridge. 

As I keep saying, he's an idiot. By which I don't mean 'I disagree with his latest decision', but instead 'I think he has not one single ounce of grey matter between his ears'. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Â