Lovre Kalinić

mwj

Wasn't Tom Fox telling us all about his fantastic scouting system put in place with Paddy Reilly? That they were there in case the manager identified players but needed alternatives. I'm sure they can kick in now and find someone else.

45 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Meanwhile, Arsenal look to sign two teenage Nigerian lads and Hull look to sign a 30yr old Croatian keeper - bet they all get permits with ease.

It's a flawed system...

Yeah, Hull have a 31 year old Bosnian 'keeper who has only ever played two u21 games at international level. Someone please explain how that work permit got through, if Kalinic's doesn't.

Wasn't Tom Fox telling us all about his fantastic scouting system put in place with Paddy Reilly? That they were there in case the manager identified players but needed alternatives. I'm sure they can kick in now and find someone else.

Tim fox aka Billy Bull $hitter! I don't believe a word that comes out that blokes mouth! He could fertilise farmers fields for a couple of years with his bs!

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, it's really easy, Jakupovic is a dual Bosnian/Swiss citizen, and therefore doesn't need a work permit due to his Swiss passport. Do I win anything?

A gold star and two smiley face stickers.

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

I dread to see what they come up with, maybe a bid for Fabian Barthez

The FA ruling:

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2016/feb/aston-villa-fa-exceptions-panel-governing-body-endorsement

Aston Villa applied to an FA Exceptions Panel for a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) for a player the club was seeking to register before the end of the January 2016 transfer window.

Certain players are required to obtain a GBE as part of the Home Office work permit application process.

The Exceptions Panel refused the GBE and Aston Villa sought to challenge the decision by way of Rule K Arbitration, alleging, among other things, that the Exceptions Panel misapplied the GBE guidance.

The club sought to set aside the decision at an arbitration which was held on Thursday 28 January 2016.

The appointed independent sole arbitrator found in favour of The FA and dismissed the application.

A copy of the decision (which has been redacted to remove certain sensitive information) can be found here.

• Like 1

At least we didn't mess around, bringing out a QC for the appeal

The conflict of interest accusation sounds tenuous, but really the points-based system is only part of the process, and it comes down to a subjective decision by the panel at the end of it, of which I'm a bit baffled how the goalkeeper for one of the biggest clubs in Croatia is not judge to be of a "sufficient calibre"...

If I've read that correctly, then Kalinic met the "points" requirement for a work permit, but the panel used their discretion to decide that he wasn't of a high enough calibre to gain a work permit and so didn't give their recommendation for a permit.

Our argument was that if he met the points requirement, which is stage 1 of the application, then the discretion of the panel isn't valid as that is only applicable in stage 2 of the application, which is meant to be if Stage 1 is failed. i.e. we were saying the panel has the power to grant a permit (or rather a recommendation) on their discretion if the criteria aren't met in stage 1, but NOT the power to deny to recommend a permit if the criteria ARE met.

The hearing concluded that we were wrong, basically, and that it was lawful for the panel to use their discretion to deny to make a recommendation.

The conflict of interest sounds like it was just chucked in there as an extra in the hope that it might add to the case. But it's hard to tell with so much of that part redacted.

Someone feel free to correct me as I didn't read it word for word so may have got the wrong end of the stick. Seems quite harsh if Kalinic met the criteria but was then denied it on the opinion of the panel.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On first reading it does appear to say that Kalinic achieved the required points but the panel chose that he was not up to the neccessary quality and rejected his permit. If this is the case then I am very curious as to who was actually on the panel and how they decided he was not good enough? If they hold the power of veto irregardless off points acheived; based solely on their subjective ideas of his quality then this process is very dependant on who actually sits on the panel and is completely unfair and arbitrary.

I am also very interested to know who the conflict of interest refers to?

It sounds like the conflict of interest was extremely tenuous, so I don't imagine it's anybody closely related to the club. We even cited it as a "potential" conflict, which would indicate we weren't confident of that ourselves.

Â