2. 2. Refereeing Perfomance

29 minutes ago, Chewie said:

It's not offside...

No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick  

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside.aspx

You learn something new everyday!!! Should goal hang more then and launch goal kicks into orbit!

thought we were the better team today,especially second half. just got a  feeling we haven't got enough in the tank to survive though. it looked like we had a decent crowd out today and i thought our fans were brilliant for the whole game.

I know I've already said this, but I thought the quality of our crosses, particularly from the right, and even more especially from Bacuna, was unacceptably poor.

With Kozak and Gestede up front, we just need people to feed them with a stream of accurate crosses and we will score more.

It's not rocket science.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

thought we were the better team today,especially second half. just got a  feeling we haven't got enough in the tank to survive though. it looked like we had a decent crowd out today and i thought our fans were brilliant for the whole game.

Spot on. Really good performance considering how poor we have been and the fact it was bottom v top. I know its 'only' leicester but they are a really good side.

Slowly but surely we are starting to look like a team.

Some fight in the boys at last but still very little quality.

Watched it on the box and I have to ask why was Vardy not flagged for offside from the goal kick for their goal?  Is that a rule not offside from a goal kick? Looked at least 3 yards off.

Can't be offside from a goal kick.

edited - didnt know this. Waznt the case when i was playing 15 years ago...

Our set piece delivery is shocking, that free kick in the 93rd minute, everyone up and a chance to win the game doesn't beat the first man.

we can say we need a striker, I think the problems are deeper, we don't have midfielders making runs, it's just pass pass pass and hoof in the general direction of Kozak for most of the game, until we start running in behind teams and getting into the box a striker like loic remy will be useless to us, imo

Veretout had a real off night in that respect, his set pieces are usually bang on the money as it was for the Palace goal (if it was him taking the corner instead of Gil).

Tbf Veretout had an off game full stop, I know he wasn't fit at the start of the season and he gets through a lot of running so I think he's fatigued, needs a week off and some rest I reckon because he's been one of our better players in recent weeks and we need him refreshed and ready for the run in if we are to have any chance

26 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Spot on. Really good performance considering how poor we have been and the fact it was bottom v top. I know its 'only' leicester but they are a really good side.

Slowly but surely we are starting to look like a team.

leicester are a very good team who show no signs of dropping off the pace. great chance of top 4.

28 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Can't be offside from a goal kick.

edited - didnt know this. Waznt the case when i was playing 15 years ago...

It's been the case for at least 10 years, I'd be interested to know when it was introduced.

Edit: Apparently 150 years ago: http://www.askasoccerreferee.com/?p=3550

Edited by Davkaus

Plenty of good to take away from that. Perhaps a draw isn't enough towards any hope of a miracle but I'm very pleased to see us resemble a competent  PL team again. 

The ref was abysmal.

So we respond to our recent win with 75 minutes of the most gutless drivel I've ever witnessed. 

Leicester putting in arguably their worst performance of the season and ok, we get a draw, but my god, why are we so pathetic and lacklustre. It's unforgivable. 

Oh and those wondering why aly cissockho was loaned out - watch that game.

47 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I know I've already said this, but I thought the quality of our crosses, particularly from the right, and even more especially from Bacuna, was unacceptably poor.

With Kozak and Gestede up front, we just need people to feed them with a stream of accurate crosses and we will score more.

It's not rocket science.

Yep, it's terrible.

It's never early enough and it's almost always too low. How hard can it be to get a decent cross remotely near Kozak or Gestede's head?

Think a good second half will gloss over what was an incredibly poor first half

Line up was right after Tuesday's game, rudy sub was right, Sinclair I'd have brought on earlier for Kozak

First half, defence was shocking, never seen a team let the ball bounce so much, shirking responsibility, hoping the man behind them or next to them does the job, unacceptable, none of our midfielders could get in to the game, biggest problem IMO is that we don't have the ability or the street smarts to realise that they were happy for us to pass along the back four, too many times we had possession in the middle and went back, even from free kicks

2nd half was better, ayew got in to the game more, Gana grew in confidence, bacuna and Ali got forward more, veretout, Gil and Westwood were all very poor in the final third though, veretout had a complete off day, set pieces were shocking, probably gestedes best game

I could see what Leicester do, movement between the lines, confusion, no one knows who to pick up, their players had a ridiculous amount of space, they looked distinctly average though, their work rate embarrasses ours and vardy obviously knows where the net is but I spent most of today watching 2 very limited football teams

Ref - shocking, the handball looked harsh, but before that I thought he bottled booking the Japanese striker for diving, should have stopped play, never making it as far as the dodgy handball, the Huth foul not being given was absolutely laughable and of course followed by 2/3 softer identical fouls being given later on

Lino - didn't see a ball go out in the other half after about five minutes, looked about half a yard out to me (Leicester throw) but he gave nothing, then it went out for a fairly routine decision villa throw and him and the ref looked at each for about five seconds before making a decision, thought here we go... They can't do simple stuff let alone be trusted to get big decisions right

Cannot fault the effort but we so lack guile and a cutting edge in the final third of the pitch, which has been really evident in the last two games. Partly down to the fact that we are keeping the ball better and not surrending it so easily as under Sherwood.    During a period in the second half today we must have made about 30/40 passes without Leicester touching it, but no end product! No real stand out performances today but Ally in the last two games has been really solid defensively! Has stood up really well to Zaha and Mahrez, which has shown that he should have been kept from the start.  Only slight disappointment for me over the last two games has been Gill - probably our best two performances of the season in a week and feel that our most creative player has been anything but and usually I really him.  I'm pleased to finally see a team that most of us would pick on the pitch and that we are playing football. Moreover, we are standing up to teams and not rolling over  but we are gone as there is just too much to do!! Too little too late unfortunately and a real shame.  Should be pleased about today but feel really down about things for some reason?

• Like 1