Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Perfomance

14 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

One final point from me regarding today and this season is just how much we lack leaders/organisers on the pitch! I am in a fortunate seat position whereby you can here the real 'talkers' on the pitch and we are such a quiet team!! Drinkwater today never stopped talking to his team, us on the other hand have a midfield that don't speak. Okore Lescott partnership is probably our best at present - but neither organise/speak during games. It is a real problem and can be overlooked from afar ( ie TV ). This needs to be addressed with a signing or two because these types are just not in our squad.

Interesting bit of insight ferguson1. Thanks for posting.

Have you noticed how Richards or Clark behave in this respect?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Clark talks a lot.

That's what I think too, but since ferguson1 has clearly been paying attention to this issue, he could talk about the other guys too.

I thought Lescott would speak up some, but I guess not.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Interesting bit of insight ferguson1. Thanks for posting.

Have you noticed how Richards or Clark behave in this respect?

Haven't studied every player intently but we are quiet on the pitch compared to the opposition. Richards especially unless something really winds him up! Clark is more vocal and probably the best of the bunch in this respect. Lescott less so I think but look for it yourselves.  Midfield bearly say anything to each other!  Like I said previously, we point and instruct but no one actually leads the team and commands - gets in the opposition faces and that of the referee. Some may say this is bullying but it can get you that 'decision'. If a Robbie Savage had been on the pitch yesterday for us and seen Huth do what he did on Kozak, he would have been screaming at the ref! You may not get that decision but then makes the ref think twice about the next one! Man Utd did this effectively for years with Neville, Keane etc. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Today wouldn't even make our top 10 worst performances of the season. Try West Brom at home, Stoke at home, Spurs away, Everton away, Arsenal home, Sunderland away, Norwich away.....and Wycombe away. O.k that's only 8 but you get the picture.

I thought pre match today would pan out a bit like Man. City at home...we'd sit back (as all out attack works in Leicester's favour) limit them to few clear cut chances and today it panned out like that.

The trouble is it's not November anymore and plucky draws aren't enough, we need wins. I feel Remi has now got a decent approach of regularly picking up in this league by how he's setting us up but we really need another 8 points on the board if it ultimately to be successful and for us to stay up.

West brom at home will always be a stain on my soul

18 hours ago, Woodytom said:

So we respond to our recent win with 75 minutes of the most gutless drivel I've ever witnessed. 

Leicester putting in arguably their worst performance of the season and ok, we get a draw, but my god, why are we so pathetic and lacklustre. It's unforgivable. 

Oh and those wondering why aly cissockho was loaned out - watch that game.

Not sure if this was written out of frustration and/or heat of the moment Woodytom but crikey, how wrong can you be! Moreover, Aly Cissokho has just played against two of the most in form wingers of the season in Zaha and Mahrez and has stood up really well to them!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if this was written out of frustration and/or heat of the moment Woodytom but crikey, how wrong can you be! Moreover, Aly Cissokho has just played against two of the most in form wingers of the season in Zaha and Mahrez and has stood up really well to them!!

So we came out of the blocks and really took the game to Leicester. Or did we take the best part of 75 minutes to even look like we might do something?

What was Moyes thinking when he thought Hutch didn't commit a penalty foul? Talking utter nonsense. A good point. If we win on Tuesday that's 4 unbeaten!  We have only lost 2 home games under Garde. Drawing too many (5 in last 11 league games) but at least we are becoming competitive again in this league.  If we can beat the albion next week, that will be make things a bit interesting.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

So we came out of the blocks and really took the game to Leicester. Or did we take the best part of 75 minutes to even look like we might do something?

Who said we came out the blocks and took the game to them? What we did do though is make top of the league look ordinary with good organisation and play a second half that we pretty much had control of! Like I said in an earlier post, we were playing an in form team, top of the league and matched them! Gutless - no way!! 

59 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Who said we came out the blocks and took the game to them? What we did do though is make top of the league look ordinary with good organisation and play a second half that we pretty much had control of! Like I said in an earlier post, we were playing an in form team, top of the league and matched them! Gutless - no way!! 

Leicester should have been out of sight by ht really though. 

Leicester should have been out of sight by ht really though. 

Why?

Funny how Huth on Kozak wasn't deemed a penalty, yet Westwood at Wycombe was.

still, poor first half, much Improved second, and I would be quite happy to see the team that finished last night start V Albion, the Ariel bombardment might not be pretty, but at least we carried a bit more of a threat 

No but it was still a chance, through on the keeper.

Leicester to me didn't create that much apart from that 5 minute spell of the goal and the penalty. They had more clear cut chances in the second half. I've seen better at VP this season (Man. City created a lot more when we held them to a draw) although I fully respect them for what they've done.

Surely the point is though Leicester wanted us to come flying out of the blocks as they've been counter attacking teams to death this season,

I agree I thought Leicester were impressive first half but maybe we gave them too much respect. No of course they are not as good as City and Arsenal. I don't think Mahrez and Vardy have been hitting the heights they were though because if they had they would have beaten us.

I made a conscious decision to allow this game to get to me.  For better or worse.  Usually I watch with a degree of emotional detachment.  I find it's better for the blood pressure.  And I was right.  The referee absolutely f**king ruined us.  I was fit to be tied.  It really affected the rest of my day as I was irritable from then on.  F**k Roger East and his merry gang of blind pr*cks on the sideline.  We should have won that game and we deserved to win that game.  Tinkerman was laughable in his post match comments about thinking they had enough to win it.  Top of the league?  On that showing they'll be lucky to be top 4.  I accept that they have had and they will have better days.  But not for the first time this season we made them look ordinary.  It sounds mad but if only we could play the league leaders every week, we'd be nowhere near the bottom of the league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I made a conscious decision to allow this game to get to me.  For better or worse.  Usually I watch with a degree of emotional detachment.  I find it's better for the blood pressure.  And I was right.  The referee absolutely f**king ruined us.  I was fit to be tied.  It really affected the rest of my day as I was irritable from then on.  F**k Roger East and his merry gang of blind pr*cks on the sideline.  We should have won that game and we deserved to win that game.  Tinkerman was laughable in his post match comments about thinking they had enough to win it.  Top of the league?  On that showing they'll be lucky to be top 4.  I accept that they have had and they will have better days.  But not for the first time this season we made them look ordinary.  It sounds mad but if only we could play the league leaders every week, we'd be nowhere near the bottom of the league.

This has cost me 2 remotes, one glass couch table and one wooden one.

A few years back when Ronaldo scored from a run from the halfway line, I went so ballistic that my Girlfriend (at the time) walked out and didnt speak or contact me for 3 days.

• Like 1