Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

A "must win" game for them (I hope that works as well for them as it has for us during most of this season). ;)

Same team for me and the same sort of whole hearted performance that they gave on Tuesday night is all I look for on Saturday other than another 3 points....

• Like 1

Saw some stat that Leicester have the lowest number of defeats away from home, I think it was two!  So clearly, ‘massive’ underdogs.  But in some ways we have nothing to loose.  All the players need to do is repeat what they did Tuesday.  Match them for desire and commitment, work, battle and scrap for everything, refuse to lay down or be beat until the final whistle blows. If we do that and lose, as most people expect us to, we take the positives and focus on WBA.  But if, by some beautiful freak of nature, we come out on top....just imagine the joy and noise that will engulf VP!  What a confidence boost that would be.....dare to dream!

Edited by Gary Thomas

Can't see anything but a loss here but I have a teeny bit more hope than I did prior to Tuesday. A draw at the very best but that's me speaking with my heart rather than my head really.

As proud as i am of the team after the Palace i game, i can't see anything but a loss here. Whilst Leicester aren't firing goals in left, right, and centre as much over the past few weeks they will still score. I just can't see us sticking the ball in the onion bag. We need a goalscorer fast, because we are simply not scoring bread and butter goals, if scoring at all.

A well fought loss will sit ok with me i guess, followed by a routine win at home to Wycomb next week, then a striker coming on in the window and i'll start to have some hope again.

• Like 2

Meh, 5.30 kick off that be 12.30/in Malaysia.  As ironic as it might sound, need to hope I can stay sober enough to want to watch it at that time.

Really intreaged and genuinely looking forward to it.

• Like 1

We've had a couple of false dawns with Remi, so would be typical that this will be another. However, Leicester I think will slack off against us thinking the hard work was done against Spurs. I'm hoping just not to lose.

Massive game this - if we win then you have got to think that we are right back in the mix and have some momentum. Arguably we have the toughest game out of all our rivals, but we can only do our job and then look at the others results.

Swansea have Watford at home - that could go either way.

Newcastle have West Ham at home - West Ham are one of the best away teams in the League.

Sunderland are away at Spurs - you would have to fancy Spurs.

Bournemouth and Norwich face each other, so again that could go either way.

The way I see it, if we win - we will be within 6 points of Newcastle and Sunderland, and probably Swansea as well if their poor form continues. The week after we have West Brown away - again not easy - but our rivals also have tough games. If we can win on Saturday then you just never know....

Leicester are a team that have overachieved and are full of confidence as a result of their incredible run this season. Villa are a side that has underachieved massively and has confidence on the floor. However the win v Palace has lifted us a little and of late Leicester haven't been winning as frequently. As the home side and also with an extra day of rest in the bag could see this game being closer than you'd expect it to be given the difference between the sides in the table. We could sneak another win here because Leicester will go for it no doubt potentially leaving us some space. If we can show the same commitment levels as we did v Palace then we can do it. Come on lads! 

• Like 1