Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

If we win this one the less likely we are to win in our next game. This team never wins 3 on the bounce. Any positives from a win here would be short lived imo.

how negative:) i agree but if we do win against leicester then i'll be a lot more happy and confident.

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

If we win this one the less likely we are to win in our next game. This team never wins 3 on the bounce. Any positives from a win here would be short lived imo.

We just need to win as many games as possible, no issue if we space them out.

So a win v Leicester, draw at West Brom and then beat Norwich next month gets us to 18 points and suddenly survival looks on big time as we surely wouldn't be that far off 17th.

Got a reasonable feeling about this one for some reason, 1-1.

• Like 1

To win 3 on the bounce you have to first win 2 on the bounce. Just because the gash managers we have employed all throughout Lerner's tenure have not yet managed this feat does not mean Garde can't.

We need to bring them back down to earth and show them there is only one team in the midlands!

Speaking of coming back down to earth I hope the players have after wasting loads of nervous energy celebrating like they'ed won the league. I hope Garde has drilled it into the players what they did on Tuesday is a minimum requirement from here on in.   

Edited by supernova26

I actually thought this would be Garde's first win before we beat Palace. I feel like they have to lose to a crap team at some point, I admire what they're doing but everybody makes a slip and I really can see it being against us.

With added confidence from our win earlier in the week, we have to take it to Leicester and make up for the pathetic loss which started the downfall this season.

I really want to believe that palace game was the turning point in our season and the yardstick for our future performances, but this is Aston villa, thus I suspect a 3-1 defeat with a couple of injuries to our better players.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I have no idea why I fancy it so much. I fancied us to win this before the Palace game.

Ridiculous.

I'm the same.  I know they're joint top.  But they're still Leicester.  I suppose that's the very mistake everyone else has been making aswell this season.  Who better than a local rival to come out of nowhere and derail them :)