Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

What's sad is that for some, if we don't get promoted it'll be a travesty because of the money spent assembling the squad. On the flipside if we do go up, it'll be brushed aside because "we should" go up with the money spent assembling the squad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Sky is a joke. Full five mins at 1pm they discussed a 1 year loan move with harte and then went on to mention a loan move for bony.  Still never mentioned adomah.

Welcome to the Championship 

1 minute ago, BOF said:

For me, the only people who would 'brush aside' a promotion will be rival fans, and to be perfectly honest I hope it sticks in their craw.  I couldn't care less what rival fans think of us.  I hope every goal we score from our "over-priced"(sic) strikeforce is like a dagger to them.

Anyone got any of the old protest £ signs? We could wave them every time kodjia bags one. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we are 3 short, the above a CB and a CM in an ideal world but never expected to have done what we have.

I think if we can bring in a safe pair of hands in between the sticks, promotion is possible. 
I worry that with all the firepower we have, it will mean nothing if Gollini keeps performing the way he is. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I think we are 3 short, the above a CB and a CM in an ideal world but never expected to have done what we have.

We have cover for those positions though. De Laet can cover the back line if needs be and Bacuna will do the same in the middle.

Its not perfect but should easily be enough to get us out of this division....on paper anyway.

Id be wary about bringing in any others tbh, I think the squad is too new as it is.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Anyone got any of the old protest £ signs? We could wave them every time kodjia bags one. 

Yeah - 20,000 of them  ( had around 100,000 printed in total) - left over from the protests I organised with help from quite a few fellow VT'ers. Didn't think i  needed them after that old git left!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It has to be short term. The short term goal is promotion within 2 years. Putting in a long term plan would be a mistake, although we have signed a couple of promising youngsters. 

It really won't be a mistake. I care far more about the future of Aston Villa being a club rather than promotion this season. Let's not overspend and get shafted.