Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

Slightly off topic but who was that girl that was giving out lots of itk stuff on twitter, she was quite fit. She kept posting pics with all these players and managers...anyone??

Glacinda the Troll

Spoiler

The reason we are paying  the odds for players is because the clubs we are buying them from do not need to sell. Yes we could probably find better value abroad but does anybody really want to see us take that chance again after what happened last season? Forgot the fee's, just enjoy the signings. 

I don't know how it saved as a spoiler 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

Slightly off topic but who was that girl that was giving out lots of itk stuff on twitter, she was quite fit. She kept posting pics with all these players and managers...anyone??

Shirley Outtaurligue I believe.. ^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I would like IN

Goalie - Loan

CB - Loan

AM / Winger - Perm

Out any from

Agbonlahor

Richards

Bunn

Steer

If we got all that I would say it has exceeded my wildest dreams and would have to give all concerned 10/10.

Surely we must be done with the signings now. You have to think how much do we actually have available to spend before we start doing ourselves damage. 

Need a couple of outs now and I will be happy. Hopefully get some money back. 

Pretty much at replacing people/positions now I reckon.
Richards out - Centre back in.
Gabby out - Left winger in.
Traore out - Right winger in.

Doubt many would argue with upgrading Gardner, Kozak, Bacuna and Hutton but we should probably stop at buying a whole new team lol. At least until christmas :)

53 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not sure I agree with that.   I think the only disappointing thing about our midfield business is we lost Gana permanently.

We have signed a huge talent in Tshibola who will be better than Delph IMO and in Jedinak we have a player we have lacked in our midfield for five years,  a leader.  So for me our midfield has improved. I would agree that wide midfield needs improving and I believe our next signing will be in that position.  But in Jedinak and Tshibola I believe we have the two best players in those positions in the league

De Laet is far superior to Hutton at right back merely because he isnt Hutton.  He is also better than Bacuna who I think will feature as midfield back up this season anyway.

Our defence is the best in the league IMO and in Kodjia, Gestede, Mccormack and Ayew we have 42M of best forward line in this division.

Not convinced by the bold bits at all.

Tshibola is all potential and Jedinak is entirely average.  Quite a few teams have better midfields than that.  Our defence stands up better against Championship sides, although I'd definitely rather have Newcastle's.

I think the key to our season is going to be outscoring sides.  We've got a lot of firepower up top and should get enough chances in games to tuck away chances.  I'm curious to see how we'll line up now that Kodjia has signed, too.

Nice with a striker, even thou as per standard this season I know nothing about him and have never seen him play.

Central midfield still a huge question mark for me thou, Considering what we've spent in total on the team I can't believe this is what we are settling on. Really hope we bring someone in before the window closes.

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Pretty much at replacing people/positions now I reckon.
Richards out - Centre back in.
Gabby out - Left winger in.
Traore out - Right winger in.

Doubt many would argue with upgrading Gardner, Kozak, Bacuna and Hutton but we should probably stop at buying a whole new team lol. At least until christmas :)

If Richards or Gabby leave we will have replaced them with a decent atmosphere

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not convinced by the bold bits at all.

Tshibola is all potential and Jedinak is entirely average.  Quite a few teams have better midfields than that.  Our defence stands up better against Championship sides, although I'd definitely rather have Newcastle's.

I think the key to our season is going to be outscoring sides.  We've got a lot of firepower up top and should get enough chances in games to tuck away chances.  I'm curious to see how we'll line up now that Kodjia has signed, too.

You'd rather have Clark than Chester or Elphick? We've been very solid apart from 30 min at Bristol and then we had half a new back 4 with both FB not fully match fit. I'd agree on midfield but I think Jedinak and Tshibola can be very good once they get used to each other. Our squad us shaping up to be the best in the division. 

It seems we have mainly replaced the 'spine' of the team with Elphick, Chester, Jedinak and McCormack but a real critical part of the spine of any good team is the position of goalkeeper. So, ahead of any outfielders coming in, I would like to see a really good and really experienced keeper coming in (even if on loan) to take the pressure off a young kid and give some much needed confidence to the defence.