Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I wonder if Gareth Barry could be tempted home. I am sure he could have a solid year in the Aston Villa founded football league. Make him captain his experience could be invaluable and he might be up for helping to restore us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJVilla said:

Zlatan. Now please. No other options to partner Rudy will do.

Spend the rest of our transfer budget on making Alan Hutton the greatest ever player aswell.

I could just imagine Zlatan reaction to partnering Rudy up front

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If there is a lot of money suddenly available, can we consider a better calibre of player now?   Striker wise, could we be bold and get someone like Bony, Remy etc, even if this were only on loan for a season?  Pay the salary and they will come surely or am I getting ahead of myself slightly.  

We're the second richest club in English football I am sure given some financial trickery the calibre of player we are looking at even in the Championship is likely vastly higher than we have ever looked before. So with that said my almost yearly joke suggestion of Messi is less of a joke this time :D

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if Gareth Barry could be tempted home. I am sure he could have a solid year in the Aston Villa founded football league. Make him captain his experience could be invaluable and he might be up for helping to restore us

I would love this. And now we have what all footballers require in their next job - money and ambition.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sauce?

go to newsnow 

he also said expects to appoint new manager with 2-3 weeks 

922-2.jpg
Heisenberg
nn2b7w7
0_star10.png

View user profile Send private message

BEIJING, May 19 (Reuters) - The Chinese magnate who has agreed to buy English football club Aston Villa has said the final purchase price for the club would range between 75 million pounds ($110 million) and more than 100 million pounds, depending on how the club performs next season.

Recon Group chairman Xia Jiantong told Reuters that he will pay at the upper end of the price range if the club immediately returns to the English Premier League next season. A failure to gain promotion could see the purchase price as low as 75 million pounds, he said.

Xia said he will spend between 30 and 40 million pounds on new players for the upcoming season, and will announce a new club manager in the next two to three weeks. Aston Villa, the historic English club that was relegated from the English Premier League this season, was one of eight Premier League clubs that Xia considered for acquisition, he said during an interview in Beijing on Thursday.

Xia also said he was in talks with various soccer teams in Spain and Italy, as well as China and India, for potential acquisitions within three years. ($1 = 0.6839 pounds)

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/reuters/business/report/20160519_Reuters_B9N18901V_INTERVIEW_Soccer_Recon_group_chair_says_could_pay_more_than_GBP100_mln_for_English_soccer_team_Aston_Villa.html