Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Jedinak supposedly said goodbye to the palace fans after the game 

Yeah apparently gave his shirt away and made a point of touching the turf as he left the pitch. 

Was their captain too, between him and Elphick will be nice to have a couple leaders in the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Forestieri has refused to play for Sheffield Wednesday tonight..

Maybe he is off! would think probably more likely to be Derby though than someone like ourselves

He's 100% off. Newcastle seem the destination. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

De Laet, Jedinak and a striker seem the likely three - I think we'd then just need two more midfielders and we'd have a great squad. I suspect that's a bit greedy mind you.

I don't (or I am greedy). I think if we can add De Laet, Jedinak, Bamford and either Diawara or Morrison to the squad we will be in a very good position. The fact is that the other teams fighting to go up will no doubt strengthen their squads and unlike the PL being mid-table at Xmas is not really a great thing as teams want to be challenging from the start. Would be awful if we got to January, signed a couple of players who we are linked with now, and then just miss out on going up.

• Like 2

That all said, I bet Wednesday could name their price from Newcastle given the fact that they don't need/want to sell him and Newcastle's current state. Not sure I'd want that sort of attitude in my squad though. 

Guess he'd be perfect for Newcastle than. :D

Edited by MachoFantastico

He probably wasn't looking to leave, per se, but when big teams like Newcastle come calling then you'd have to be mad to want to stick with Sheffield Wednesday. Not that I'm condoning refusing to play, but obviously Wednesday don't want to sell and this is his way of forcing through the move.

But alas, that's not anything to do with our transfer business so who cares?

Really hope we sign Jedinak this and a couple of others next week. Today's result won't hurt in that regard either.

Yeah really doesn't make any sense to me either - think it's just ignorance as De Laet would be class for us at this level. When they won the championship that season all my Leicester supporting mates raved about him, he really was one of their best players that year.

• Like 1