Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I know! It's almost like players have differing degrees of ability or something. Crazy, right?!

Varying degrees of ability but to showcase their ability they have to prove themselves. Which Chester has done to a higher extent than bamford. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mallett said:

I am not sure about de Laet - he has struggled to be the first choice RB at every club he has been at. I wonder if once the his main positive attribute of not being Hutton has grown old whether us fans will find his suspect defensive qualities means he is not much of an upgrade. Swapping rubbish fullbacks for more rubbish fullbacks while losing money on the transaction reminds me of Lambert era transfers.

Aaaaaggghh. You can't just come out with that rubbish. He was the regular right back for Leicester city in the year they were promoted from THE LEAGUE WE ARE IN,  AS CHAMPIONS. He was also their regular right back on their first season in the PL. 

That is EXACTLY what we need and I do not apologise for shouting. 

No doubt if he was some unknown from a mid ranking Italian club or something it would be far better but I would prefer someone who was a linchpin of a team who recently won the league we are trying to get out of this year thankyouverymuch. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That's a decent side. 

apart from playing ayew and mcormack on the right and left which is where they shouldn't be

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

apart from playing ayew and mcormack on the right and left which is where they shouldn't be

I was more talking about the personnel involved but yeah, you're right. I imagine McCormack would play slightly deeper than Bamford (if he signs), as that's where he's done better elsewhere (as far as gather).

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I was more talking about the personnel involved but yeah, you're right. I imagine McCormack would play slightly deeper than Bamford (if he signs), as that's where he's done better elsewhere (as far as gather).

I'm not sure we really need Bamford, it's the dross in between the goalkeeper and the front two thats the issue

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree, but I still worry about the lack of width. Not sure how RDM would be able to fit Ayew, Bamford and RMC in the same team, let alone if Morrison comes.

Its been a great window so far, if only for the dross we've moved on.

UTV

Because he plays a 4-2-3-1!

Width th is provided by full backs with:

Ayew       Morrison     McCormack

Bamford

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Because he plays a 4-2-3-1!

Width th is provided by full backs with:

Ayew       Morrison     McCormack

Bamford

I'm afraid that just would't work. Total waste of time having Ayew and McCormack if that's what happened. For years Villa have pissed about playing people in the wrong positions.

• Like 1

Gunnarsson has experience of the Championship and while not the most talented he's a leader and a strong personality, something we've lacked for years.

But the most important thing is he's Icelandic and if he signs I will have a 1000% more chance of seeing Villa games on TV here in Iceland. So a crucial signing and needs to get done.

19 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

Oh yes.

Why can you only like a post once??  Amongst all the worry about are we signing a new striker and are we going to be relying on Gestade,  I hadn't noticed the no 9 shirt had not been allocated.  Pretty big clue really.  Wonder who it is? Tony clearly rates him. 

25 minutes ago, bose said:

Gunnarsson has experience of the Championship and while not the most talented he's a leader and a strong personality, something we've lacked for years.

But the most important thing is he has a beard.

Fixed that for you

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The last thing we need is a striker right now - we're desperate for a right back and three midfielders and we're looking at strikers?

The number one reason we've lost our first two games is that we've been absolutely paper thin in midfield, the ones we have are weak and we simply don't have enough - both our right backs are poor and we've lined up with too many forwards on the pitch in both games. 

It'll be nice to have a quality striker join, of course it will, it always is - but until we get a midfield he'll just be a lot of money standing at one end of a field watching our defence under pressure at the other.

100% this.

Could be that Ayew is off, other than that CM's and RB must be addressed because we could have as many strikers as you like, we'd still not win enough games to be anywhere near promotion.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The last thing we need is a striker right now - we're desperate for a right back and three midfielders and we're looking at strikers?

The number one reason we've lost our first two games is that we've been absolutely paper thin in midfield, the ones we have are weak and we simply don't have enough - both our right backs are poor and we've lined up with too many forwards on the pitch in both games. 

It'll be nice to have a quality striker join, of course it will, it always is - but until we get a midfield he'll just be a lot of money standing at one end of a field watching our defence under pressure at the other.

If rumours are right, we've got an RB and CM in the bag. We can have our cake and eat it too!

• Like 2