Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

45 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm not sure we really need Bamford, it's the dross in between the goalkeeper and the front two thats the issue

You're not wrong, but Ayew seems to like dropping deep and McCormack likes to create too, so having these two as the link between midfield and attack -- as well as potentially Morrison coming in as another option for this role -- and having an actual goalscorer ahead of them that they can pass to instead of someone like Gestede or Gabby looks pretty good to me.

If we can sign Jedinak to sit in the middle then we'd be more solid. If we could get Joe Ledley to sit in there with him then we'd have a damn good side at this level, in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Excellent news.

Now we just need the Doctor to have a good number 2 and things are really looking up.

I'm sure he is regular, don't think we need to worry about his intestinal health.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I stopped there.....your wrong, we do need another striker.  These things aren't mutually exclusive you do not buy in order of priority....the market dictates when deals can be done.  I think "everyone" knows we need a right back and midfielders and they has been plenty said about that and strong links.  This is good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have Ross McCormack probably the best player in this league in last 3 years yet his teams dont finish in top half of the league. because they have shit defence and midfield

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we have Ross McCormack probably the best player in this league in last 3 years yet his teams dont finish in top half of the league. because they have shit defence and midfield

What's your point?  We need a right back and midfielders?  I know, we know, they know!   Is there some problem with having more firepower and those things - not for me.

Edited by Gary Thomas

providing we can get the majority of our targets in this window, we should be fine, at the moment promotion certainly isnt looking promising,

de laet, jadinak, morrison or diawara, bamford or hernandez would look great on paper, just hope it looks good on the pitch.

Edited by AndyBM

When he's saying 'we have the number 9 for the new striker' he's talking about the shirt. He was responding to someone asking him to put the new striker in a number 25 shirt for some reason. I think he's just bantering about shirt numbers and he's not talking about a specific player signing. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 11.41.07.png

Edited by praisedmambo

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

But as I said, the market don't work like that.  We have plenty of strong links with a RB and midfielders. 

maybe not but I would prefer to get them in now before a striker.  will be 6 league games gone by the end of transfer window and that would leave a lot of catching up if we are waiting around