Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

49 minutes ago, Godders said:

Yes, to Newcastle. Was covered in here a few pages back.

Typical Rafa move. Tap up your rivals best player in order to weaken them. He did exactly the same with us over Barry. Can't stand that FSW. I hope they get relegated to League 1.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You know what, Forestieri is a rocket polisher. I wouldn't want a player who point blank refused to play like that anywhere near The Villa.

Would suit Newcastle down to the ground. 

Didn't benteke go on strike before joining us? And I remember Jordan Ayew coming close or hinting at it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't benteke go on strike before joining us? And I remember Jordan Ayew coming close or hinting at it. 

I did think about Benteke. Then I thought, Genk to the Premier League. Maybe if your club is blocking a move under such circumstances over pennies, maybe I can understand it. I didn't like it at the time for what it's worth, but I was a bit younger then and more disconnected. 

This is a sideways move in The Championship. To go on strike on the day of a game, that's rough man. Play the sodding game and talk about it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I did think about Benteke. Then I thought, Genk to the Premier League. Maybe if your club is blocking a move under such circumstances over pennies, maybe I can understand it. I didn't like it at the time for what it's worth, but I was a bit younger then and more disconnected. 

This is a sideways move in The Championship. To go on strike on the day of a game, that's rough man. Play the sodding game and talk about it tomorrow. 

Oh don't get me wrong. He's a word removed, an absolute word removed. 

But if a quality player wanted to come to us and pushed it that way, I'd like to think I'd say I didn't want him but I'm not sure I would. 

For example if Ravel Morrison refused to travel to play for Lazio and we ended up with him I'd still be pleased even though it is a massive dick move 

• Like 1