Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Abel Hernandez starting for Hull today.

Although he's probably among the 7 or so players who are match fit for Hull I would guess it means a move is not imminent for him.

40 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Seems like we are going to have a brand new side before the close of the window. It'll take players time to gel together - so I hope people don't turn on them and think 'same old Villa.'

If we do get all who we are linked with, I think it'll be a better team than the one which got relegated.

i don't think fans do turn on any of the managers.....They simply say what they see, game to game.

If we say they have played shite.....it could be for a multitude of reasons.....not necessarily blaming the manager every time.

Of course we get frustrated and moan, but we don't get to see the "warts and All" so we have to trust their judgment.

We are all in this together, we have a common interest, whilst they are employed by AVFC

Its just they have the responsibility and authority to take action.....we don't.

Edited by TRO

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still kind of miss Hollis.

Now there was a man who got shit done.

Holis was decent, a man with integrity. I know people say he was just instructed to sell the club but I do genuinely believe he would have recommended to Lerner the best buyer. We might have been subject of interest from the group who purchased Wolves but at the moment I'm glad they chose Xia

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He appears to be talking about the shirt being available to a new number 9, rather than an incoming striker.

He says  "I think we may have the No.9 for the incoming striker"

That suggests there is an incoming striker. Not 'if' we buy a striker.

Anyway, I'm sure we will find out soon enough! :)

As for the players linked, I'll be honest I know nothing about De Laet but he seems to have a decent pedigree in getting out of the Championship. I'd also buy another CB as I want Richards, Okore and Lescott well away from the first team even if we suffer some injuries!

Midfielder wise, Jedinak seems more or less nailed on. He'll add a bit of presence to our powder puff midfield. We do need creativity as well so perhaps Morrison? Linked to Mutch as well

Add a striker to the mix like Bamford or Hernandez then we should have a decent team. Maybe lacking a bit of width though?

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

He says  "I think we may have the No.9 for the incoming striker"

That suggests there is an incoming striker. Not 'if' we buy a striker.

Anyway, I'm sure we will find out soon enough! :)

Feeling it's gonna be Bamford.

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd look to move Amavi and Ayew on. If we could get good enough prices obviously.

Replace Amavi with Rico Henry

19 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

triple signing announcement just before kick off? that would be something special and could motivate a few players to perform better.

A few of them would be having number 2's along with Xia.