Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

If Tshibola is to be played as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1 it is going to need an experienced DM next to him, someone who will talk him through a game, letting him know when it's OK to bomb forward and when he has to stay back. For example, when the wingbacks are up the field.

Playing two in deep-lying midfield positions, actually calls for a three-man back line, with two forwards. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

I'd definitely be happy with that. He's a real quality player IMO.

He isn't, certainly not on English grass.

He actually signed for Liverpool in 2013, amazed he's still there as they've been loaning him out regularly. 

Diame is a very good signing for Newcastle, precisely the type of midfielder that we need.

Edited by useless
I see he hasn't actually signed, but good signing if he does, and a pity we aren't in for him.

52 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just dawned on me we now have exactly one month to conclude "all" our transfer business - outs and ins.  By 1st September we will all know, or have a view, whether these "plans" we have have paid off.  Going to get more interesting I think.

It can be done, we always used to do it in MON's tenure of course, signing 4-5 in last week like August 2009 for example when Dunne, Warnock and Collins all turned up.

We always used to start the seasons very well despite lack of signings although different feelings about the club in those times which we all miss.

Can't see us starting this season that well. We'll struggle to win in Sheffield and Derby and we'll take 4 points from the first two home games. An underwhelming start so should be fun on here.

Have been trying to remain patient, but we really need a striker in SOON as a bare minimum.  And not Rickie Lambert.  Getting worried about how the season is going to start now.  

Really expected to have seen more action by now and concerned that either RDM's not clear enough about what he needs or, more likely, we haven't got a proper team in place to drive the recruitment process.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I still think we need about 5 players.  Need to bring some players in fast.  

Yes, agree to an extent, I genuinely thought we'd have a marquee (I hate that term!) signing by now, just as a signal of intent from the higher ups at the club. Starting to get a little nervous about the true ambitions of the club but will bite my tongue until the window closes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

How come it is difficult for us,  as I have read on here the last few days,  but not difficult for Newcastle?

Rafa Benitez, stronger spine, and NOT one of the worst teams in Premier League history

1 minute ago, Richard said:

How come it is difficult for us,  as I have read on here the last few days,  but not difficult for Newcastle?

They sold Townsend and Wjandulam for 40m so a little different and given them a fair bit to play with.

Must say I'm amazed at people thinking we'll run Newcastle close, think they'll be a good 15-20 points clear of us and happy to wager that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They sold Townsend and Wjandulam for 40m so a little different and given them a fair bit to play with.

Must say I'm amazed at people thinking we'll run Newcastle close, think they'll be a good 15-20 points clear of us and happy to wager that.

By Christmas... £10 donation?

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

But we had a similar amount it seemed.  I think we will be nowhere near the barcodes

Just now, Hoof hearted said:

By Christmas... £10 donation?

Nope end of season.

I think Newcastle will run away with the league in similar fashion to last time they were in it so 90 + points, likes of Burnley, Boro and Brighton were all around that last season.

If we pull our fingers out and get in 3-4 good players we can still make play offs and get 70 + points. May even be good enough for 2nd if that's a low total.

But yeah 20 point difference...by end of final game. 20 quid.