Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 hours ago, useless said:

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up signing Robson Kanu. Especially if our other targets fail to materialize and we're desperate towards the end of the window. I wouldn't be keen myself, but could surprise people.

This is what started it...

34 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

He's also older than Gods dog, 

Nein Danke!

Srs? If Joey Barton can rip up the Championship, imagine what a 35 yr old who actually WAS/IS good do? 

I'd take him in a second

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

The thread is not strictly about 'world class' players though is it?

Is this not the world class player Xia said we'd sign thread? My bad.

i have no objection to signing Kanu, but we've not been linked to him for a very long time and even then it was just tabloids trying to create a story.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mwj said:

Srs? If Joey Barton can rip up the Championship, imagine what a 35 yr old who actually WAS/IS good do? 

I'd take him in a second

Typing was and is in capitals doesn't make it true. Barton is mediocre at best and Swiensteigger(sp?) has been over rated for his entire career. Just because Utd bought him doesn't make him good. Too old anyway, next.

23 minutes ago, mwj said:

I'd take him in a second

Say what you wan't/hate Joey Barton all you want, but pretending like he wasn't/isn't a good player is frankly laughable.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Say what you wan't/hate Joey Barton all you want, but pretending like he wasn't/isn't a good player is frankly laughable.

I'm not saying Joey Barton isn't "good" (for some definition of good).

I was making the point that Joey Barton played for City, Newcastle & QPR and has 1 England cap and Schweinsteiger played for Bayern & Man Utd and captained a World Cup winning German team. If Barton at the age of 35 can rip up the Championship, then what a 32 year old BS could do doesn't bear thinking.

Anyway, its tabloid rubbish so a moot point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Scored 16 in 26 games for his country.

West Ham fans seem to think as highly of him as we do Micah Richards (see Hammerschat); they are desperate for him to go.  I don't know anything about him as a player, but it always worries me when fans want a player sold.  So I hope its more Daily Mail bullshit.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

Just had a look on 'Knees Up Mother Brown' and West Ham fans don't seem to rate him at all, they're calling him names like Bambi and saying that will drive him there themselves. From what I've seen of him he's not an out and out striker anyway. Don't think it's true because he's similar to Ayew and McCormack, in terms of positioning on the pitch.

• Like 1