Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think we'd actually bid for him just to hurry Hull along. Don't think it works like that in reality. But wouldn't be surprised if the West Ham manager is being economical with the truth to force other clubs hands.

Didn't we do it with Dempsy?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I doubt it, if clubs bid for players it's because they want to sign them.

To be fair, we don't actually know if we've bid.

All we know is that Percy has been told by *someone that we've bid.

(where someone is villa, west ham, the players agent or someone else)

• Like 1

Whilst I don't think Valencia is the forward we need (and still am not convinced we want him), it's worth noting that a year ago both Chelsea and Sampdoria were looking at him for a mooted £30m.

I've no doubt that Valencia would be very effective in the Championship, but I just don't see him playing as an out and out no.9 - which is what we're in need of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Whilst I don't think Valencia is the forward we need (and still am not convinced we want him), it's worth noting that a year ago both Chelsea and Sampdoria were looking at him for a mooted £30m.

I've no doubt that Valencia would be very effective in the Championship, but I just don't see him playing as an out and out no.9 - which is what we're in need of.

Liverplop paid £35million for Andy Carroll. Price tag means diddly squat sometimes.

19 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I agree with @pacbuddies - the price tag is not a good barometer.  The best we have to go on are the fans who watch him week in week out.  The overriding verdict among West Ham fans  - without almost any positive voices - is he is an absolute waste of space and they desperately want him to move on.  That worries the hell out of me as do comments like "I'm sure they'll warm to him up there when he scores his 1st goal after 60 odd appearances" (link).  He might be what you say, but I really don't think we should take a chance with him when we don't need to do it.   

Edited by Gary Thomas

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Another good barometer should be what Di Matteo and his staff think. I wouldn't be surprised if we're after him and another more traditional style forward.

Maybe, I wouldn't be against it unless he's our new number 9 striker. Then I'd be disappointed, not because he isn't 'world class' but because he's not an out and our goal scorer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

it is a disgrace to treat him like this. After all, he deserves respect.

Fancy a move to VP, Bastian?

He was absolute dogshit last year, He broke up more united attacks than any opposition players combined. Way past it now and would honestly rather have Westwood in the team.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Another good barometer should be what Di Matteo and his staff think. I wouldn't be surprised if we're after him and another more traditional style forward.

I trust Di Matteo and am thrilled with everything they have done.  I will back them whatever but I hope we go elsewhere - just my opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Was thinking the same, could also be a sort of "replacement" for Traore.

• Like 3

Valencia & Hernandez ? Forward options of McCormack gestede Hernandez, then wing forwards or whatever they are called as  Ayew & Valencia. Or bin Ayew and swop him for Valencia ? Exciting week ahead 

When we were doing wellish under O'Neill there were players who lots of fans didn't rate very much, like Sidwell, Curtis Davies and Maloney. But they still would have been good signings for a championship club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

no it doesnt

it was probably the 14 years at bayern when he won 8 league titles, 7 cups, 1 champions league and the 124 caps for germany when he won world cup that did it...

Phil Neville won 6 titles, 3 FA cups, 1 Champions League and a World club title and 59 England caps, your point is?

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Valencia & Hernandez ? Forward options of McCormack gestede Hernandez, then wing forwards or whatever they are called as  Ayew & Valencia. Or bin Ayew and swop him for Valencia ? Exciting week ahead 

A few adjectives come to mind when pondering such a swap, but exciting isn't one!

• Like 1