Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

One game - play for your future - shit or bust - would love to see it happen :) !!!

Play, score a hat-trick, earn a new contract. Repeat the last few years.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd have gabby over kozak any day

yep, can't disagree with that anymore, and i used to argue all the time on how Kozak deserved a chance.

i love every signing being made, but our lack of depth is a concern still

Edited by VillanousOne

As much as really don't like him as a person, as a footballer he is better than Kozak (at least on the limited amount of games I've seen Kozak in). 

Still don't think it's worth playing him though, he'll just go to Dubai as soon as things get tough, not the kind of person I want in a promotion battle. That said, if RDM chooses him, I'll go with it until proved right/wrong.

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up signing Robson Kanu. Especially if our other targets fail to materialize and we're desperate towards the end of the window. I wouldn't be keen myself, but could surprise people.

Listen, I'll happily accept a ban from the Mods for even suggesting it!

But...

If Gestede is injured, we simply cannot play Kojak because the guy can't even run. The other option is to play 3 in midfield and push McCormack further forward but I don't think that suits his game. Green doesn't look as if he is ready yet so why not give Gabby a chance? (apart from the fact he is a complete c***). He looks lean therefore he will be quick and he will also run the channels. Micah and Jores at least got a chance against Luton, maybe we could give Gabby one to play at the weekend?

In an ideal world we would have a striker in before then but if he is genuinely playing for a future, it might not be the worst idea... or is it?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd give Hepburn-Murphy a chance.We don't always have to play with a striker leading the line.

Excuse my ignorance, i know who RHM is but i dont know a lot about him being stuck in convict country and all.... what type of striker is he?

41 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think we need a number 9 above all else. When Gestede went off we had nothing.

We could have moved Ayew further forward if we had someone to replace him with in midfield.

I too would have Gabby on the bench as it stands.  He's played that wide role before and could do OK there at this level

3 hours ago, Nicho said:

No Grealish in your starting teams?! He's been one of our best players in the 4 of our 5 games that I've watched this season.

Put Ayew up top and Grealish in his place. Does seem like we are after another striker and attacking mid so we will have options but I wouldn't be bothered if we were able to play either of those teams for the whole season. Not that we will be able to. 

i think grelish is more of a number 10 but he isnt better then ayew, yet anyway. with injuries ans suspensions up front he will definately play but imo not ahead of ayew, ross or our new superstar

A certain transfer centre of also reporting that Hull are interested in taking Micah Richards. Got to be lazy journalism surely? But, if they were interested, a part ex with Hernandez has to be a dream come true for us?