Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

48 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Barry would be perfect. Pretty sure he could secure himself another Premier League club though if he is surplus at Everton.

Someone like Burnley would pick him up :( 

He would come back to Villa over a move to Burnley I'm certain.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

at his age he'll go to whoever offers him the longest deal, 1 year left at everton, if we came in touting a 2 year deal + extension triggered if he plays x number of games then im sure he'll be tempted

worst thing he can do is turn away all the interest this summer only to find himself with no club and no interest next year

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wouldn't blame him if he couldn't give a stuff about us after the way we goaded him following his move.

Just now, Jareth said:

Tamworth friendly cancelled cos we want to shift a few players out, must be quite a few in that case - anyway Tamworth boss reaction to cancellation below and reason. 

Very poor excuse.  Surely we have some youngsters that will be staying with us that he can get a look at?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Very poor excuse.  Surely we have some youngsters that will be staying with us that he can get a look at?

Not sure I get it really, being an U21 fixture, unless it's simply everyone is too busy with transfers, what else are they all doing? 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure I get it really, being an U21 fixture, unless it's simply everyone is too busy with transfers, what else are they all doing? 

Seems clear to me the excuse is that we are letting players go and dont want to risk injuries to the U21 lot. The worry therefore is that its the U21 lot to be used a lot more and therefore a doubt over signing anybody.

• Like 3

Cancelling pre season friendlies for fear of players getting injured is a first for me. Friendlies are usually seen as vital preparation for the season. We must be thinking we may be short on numbers if the reason given is correct.

• Like 3

Just now, Richard said:

Seems clear to me the excuse is that we are letting players go and dont want to risk injuries to the U21 lot. The worry therefore is that its the U21 lot to be used a lot more and therefore a doubt over signing anybody.

So Xia has lied to us when he said he wanted to sign a new striker and some midfielders?

If he had Guzan, Sinclair and say Gana lined up to play the U21 game for fitness, then why not just swap them out for some actual young 'uns. Apparently the Tamworth boss was angry so has clearly been fobbed off with this excuse. But the question remains, why cancel? I hope it signals RDM and co being too busy giving facials somewhere.

4 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

Anyone else get the impression the owner is banking on us going up with our current shambles of a squad and hoping tv money once up finances him? Fraud imo

Have you forgotten? This is Aston Villa, expect the unexpected ffs. :/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

Only thing I can think of is that ALL the players are up for grabs if only we can find takers. Desperate times.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Richard said:

If you were pushed to place a large bet (hypothetically) which way would you go Richard - no more signings before the window shuts, or more signings?  Surely most signs are we will get a few more in - that is where my money is anyway; although I wouldn't want to say how many or when. The outgoings are where the uncertainty lies because getting other clubs to take some of our cast offs is a bit like selling snake oil.

Edited by Gary Thomas

It's a decent point Gary about whether there will be no more or some signings before the window shuts.  Just that it's not been positive so far for me and the news that we have cancelled a friendly for fear of injuries to U21 players because we want to let a few go,  well that is hardly improving the unease !

5 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Surly that's where RDMs management comes into the equation? Players like Richards didn't become self centred, useless gutter snipes overnight, they were mismanaged and empowered by weak people like Lambert and Black.

I'd like to think I trust RDM enough to think he can get the best out of what we have if no more signings are realised, players don't become bad overnight, they can however in most cases and if allowed, become prats.

Lambert was never Richards' manager.....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Lambert was never Richards' manager.....

He also didn't cut it at City even as a squad player and was benched for most of the season after a series of poor performances at Fiorentina.