Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Personally, I'll be glad when this window is shut and we all know where we stand.  It really could go either way - could be completely underwhelming or we could get a flurry of very good players in and then things look very different.  We are just filling the void with speculation about what could and could not happen - whether people are cynical or optimistic matters not really, we will know for sure pretty soon.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I notice that we're playing Middlesbrough in a friendly this weekend, is the plan to bundle Guzan into the storage area under the Boro team coach and hope they don't notice?

Could we bundle a few more

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I do feel you're being very vocally skeptical of the man for little reason. He did say we would be saying goodbye to 3 or 4 players this week, we're only on Tuesday.... at least give it til the end of the week!!! 

It is like waiting for Christmas though, I just cannot wait. I didn't sleep last night I was so excited.

• Like 2

I think, as with most things on VT, the majority of fans fall in line with your post entirely, Mark.

Cautious optimism, maybe. Certainly we want to see more signings. Equally, though, perhaps we'll see our youth players used in a more frontline role this season? Andre Green, as an example, would essentially be a new signing if he played a lot this season.

• Like 1

Sergio Leon from Elche. 1 year left on contract, valued at 1.5 million euro ( 1 1/4  million pound). Top scorer for Segunda last season. Tony? You there? Hello?

Edited by AJ
Fixed

Just now, AVFC44 said:

He's done pretty well to finish top scorer in La Liga considering Elche played in the Spanish Second Division.

Just jumped on to edit before anyone jumped on me, but too late!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Funny move for Brad as he's clearly going to be second choice there.  I'd have thought he'd have gone back to the MLS.

he'd never get a DP status in the MLS so he'd be looking at wages >£2k a week, same with lescott, no one from the MLS is going to buy our flops

44 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've heard a few reports about him, some Good, some Bad...you can guess the rest :)

At least sign for the infinite hilarious gag potential, like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is like waiting for Christmas though, I just cannot wait. I didn't sleep last night I was so excited.

West Ham chairman has been accused of dealing drugs alledgly.

Headline reads: " The ecstacy of Gold"

:unsure:sorry.