Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

52 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I like people before me here thought of Carrick.  And the reason:

Merson when he left us was out on his feet, but dropped down to the Championship and helped Portsmouth rampage that season.

Portsmouth knew he wasn't up for the top level and let him go to Walsall.  He didnt do too badly playing wise for them, less said about his Managerial Career.

Carrick could be the Old Head we need in our midfield.

I doubt Carrick has the same financial situation as Merson which saw him slide down the leagues.

So with this takeover, does it mean that player wages are no longer much of an issue and we can attract decent calibre players?

Would Gareth Barry be a good shout?Sure he would be interested.

For me, the two most important signings this summer will be two decent central defenders who can organise their respective full backs, and create a solid back line. A decent Striker and Right back would also be welcome.

Goalkeeper is on the list for me also. I don't want to see Guzan anywhere near the team next season! Agree with the rest tho.

8 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Goalkeeper is on the list for me also. I don't want to see Guzan anywhere near the team next season! Agree with the rest tho.

Oh yeah GK as well, I was up for replacing Guzan last summer. I didn't want to seem too greedy with this request though :D .

In order of importance though I think the two centre backs will hopefully reduce the amount of gaffs and improve the unit's shape tenfold. I think attack wise, if we can keep Ayew and Adama and with the added wing supply of Amavi coming back then we will be a lot better next season in a league where attackers get more time and space than the Premier League.

• Like 1

Goalscoring midfielders must be a priority. For too long we have relied far too heavily on our strikers for goals and Benteke aside, it has clearly not worked out.

If he does not get a Premiership move, I'd be in for Alan Judge (be a bit like signing Downing since his leg is currently broken).

Edited by LockStockVilla

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Time has changed in a short space of time. There is a video on the youtube of Barry when he was first coming through. He was playing first team PL football and still living in digs with an old lady associated with the club.

....anyways, Barry won't be coming back here. He will still be playing PL football next year...and probably the year after too.

Seeing as it's a speculation thread I thought I'd throw his name in!! It's no secret he still spends loads of time here and that he'd have come instead of Everton a few years ago. He was loved by Martinez who knows what a new manager will want? He'd come back here over others even PL teams I do agree he'll be still playing the year after in the PL as he'll be with us! ;-)

So we need a goalkeeper that can keep goal, some defenders that can defend, some midfielders that can midfield and a striker that can score goals. Oh and a manager that can manager.

Easy lol!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, calcifer said:

So we need a goalkeeper that can keep goal, some defenders that can defend, some midfielders that can midfield and a striker that can score goals. Oh and a manager that can manager.

Easy lol!

I want some defenders than can attack too.

• Like 1

We should build from the back and keep it tight

I'd get rid of the whole back 4 including the goalkeeper

Buy a goal scoring midfielder and a midfielder that can grab the game by the balls

2 wide players that can cross the Ball Gestede would benefit as a result and i'd sign another proven championship level striker we need alot of goals to get out that division

I'd also have Green, Toner, Suliman, Lyden, Murphy around the first team

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Gestede is a proven Championship goalscorer, but he isn't really suitable out of it since he is absolutely gob***** if he isn't given the ball in the air.

He would work well in a partnership with two strikers though. He can score goals by heading, and we can get a Premier League quality all rounder who is a proven goalscorer. I would suggest Bacuna for one, but the defense needs him more.

Well it clearly all depends on the manager, and who he wants to bring in, but we should be raiding the Bundesliga, LOADS of talent there. We need to look for shrewd buys out of South America if work permits persist as well.

Tired of all this average English dross.

Question: is there a limit on squads in the championship like there is a 25 man squad limit in the league we used to be in?

If so it may be better to not do a complete overhaul but to just add in key positions, I seriously think the likes of Grealish, Gil, Ayew, Adama, Amavi, Gardner, Clark and Baker could comfortably remain as first teamers.

This wont be a popular suggestion, but i'd keep certain players like Bacuna, Okore, Sinclair, Gana and Richards as well as I think they have enough quality to be squad players for the championship. Bunn can do a job as backup keeper too.

No point buying 20 new players then having to get rid of most of them again when we get promoted.

Also i'm not a big fan of loans, but wouldn't mind a couple from the premier league for promotion, maybe look at Chelsea and Arsenals decent yoof options for a year.

Think these lot with quality additions would be more than enough, especially when you consider we have some decent yoof of our own coming through as well like Donacien, Ismail, Toner, Green, Hepburn-Murphy etc. Time to give these lads some game time here and there.

I think 5 proper quality players £10m each that would remain in the promoted team - a goalkeeper, right back, box to box midfielder, creative goal scoring midfielder and a striker (with a couple of loan signings). Then spend bigger once promoted. That's £50m but we should get more than half back selling the others. I just we're asking too much for 20 players to be sold and 15 to be brought in during one transfer window - that would stink of change for changes sake.

@Junxs The only way we are getting rid of 20 players is if Xia buys out the contracts of at least half of them. There are going to be very few clubs interested in many of the players that played last season. Unfortunately the only players that will be enticing clubs are the players we'd want to keep like Ayew, Adama, Amavi, Gil, Clark etc.. Anyone that played semi-decently at times last season is in the shop window big time. 

Yeah Daweii, but I think we have the financial muscle now to keep hold of these. Most of them are still relatively young so I really don't think they'd mind spending a year in the championship to improve themselves as players, after the year they've had they may even relish it. Last time Newcastle got relegated they managed to keep hold of their best players and bounced straight back up.

I may be talking complete bull (as per usual, mind me), but as a 2nd choice goalkeeper we could always sign Bartlomiej Dragowski. Top goalkeeper for the future, always buy him in my Football Manager saves, and would obviously mean we wouldn't see Brad Guzan, even in the subsitutes! :D

Would probably cost around 4 to 7 mil.

10 hours ago, 007√ said:

Well it clearly all depends on the manager, and who he wants to bring in, but we should be raiding the Bundesliga, LOADS of talent there. We need to look for shrewd buys out of South America if work permits persist as well.

Tired of all this average English dross.

Names?