Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

if the 40mill figure is ANYWHERE near correct for players, i'd love to try and bring in Cook and Taylor from Leeds, Dack from Gillingham and i agree with trying to get someone "like" Remy in on loan for a year to try and get us out of this league at first attempt.

I' get rid of  Richards Gabby Hutton Guzan Gil Bacuna and Sanchez then if we can keep the rest I'd add McCormack, Dunk, Knockeart maybe try for Kalinic again. Then we'd need a couple of RB's does Byram get a game at West Ham?? We have a few out on loan who can fill out the squad as its a slog playing 46 games. Gardner Bennett Steer and Robinson can all be pushing for a start. 

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If we can keep the likes of Amavi, Ayew, Gana and Adama plus spend £30m then we're laughing.  Not sure we can do a total rebuild on that much though.

i don't think having a new manager and owners will make that much of a difference to the above players, there is a slim chance some players might stick around, but most will be taking a pay cut and believe it is their god given right to play in the premiership/champs league for 40-100K a week or for another top european league. Their agents will be smelling money and pimping them out to all and sundry.

Apparently Ayew's agent has already talked to Wet Spam and Crystool Palace about getting him a move.

Doesn't change my view on who we need next year but after the money tone says we'll have I'd like to think targets will be more attainable. Mowatt, Cook, Rico Henry ( if Amavi goes ) Guys who could handle that division and have the potential to improve further. If we don't need to sell amavi, gana and ayew and could persuade them to stay it be great.

Why would Amavi go?  In fact why would some of our better players now leave should we want them to stay?  It's not like they are going to move to CL clubs or the top clubs in this country,  Bacuna aside obviously.  I've heard Swansea,  wet spam and crystal palace mentioned for Ayew.  Apart from being premier league teams they do not have much more on us do they? and if our intentions now as a club are clear and honest and as exciting as suggested maybe those players may feel it is worth sticking around

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Why would Amavi go?  In fact why would some of our better players now leave should we want them to stay?  It's not like they are going to move to CL clubs or the top clubs in this country,  Bacuna aside obviously.  I've heard Swansea,  wet spam and crystal palace mentioned for Ayew.  Apart from being premier league teams they do not have much more on us do they? and if our intentions now as a club are clear and honest and as exciting as suggested maybe those players may feel it is worth sticking around

Quite. Can't imagine their wages will be that much different - perhaps now that we have (potentially) a bit more financial muscle, their drop in salary might not be so much. So less incentive for them to want to move away.

3 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

GK: New signing

Defenders: New RB/Hutton (not top priority but we should sign one if we can), Clark, New CB/Baker(Better than we give him credit for), Amavi

Midfielders: Gana, New DM/Sanchez(see hutton), Grealish/Gil, Adama

strikers: Rudy, New Signing

Get rid of Gestede, absolute crap of a striker. God awful he is.

1 minute ago, 007√ said:

Get rid of Gestede, absolute crap of a striker. God awful he is.

Not too sure about that as it's hard to be effective without service. Absolutely battered the championship the season before last with Blackburn. 19 goals was it? Might be worth giving him a shot?

Edited by JPAngel

32 minutes ago, Richard said:

I hope not as every single one of them are shite.

With The Doctor saying it's going to take two weeks for a manager, we're realistically looking at a month until the squad is starting to be shaped.

Edited by Pilchard

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

To be fair I think there are some decent ones badly let down by the shite around them.  I think some of the likes of Amavi,  Ayew,  Traore and even Veretout would have looked much better in better teams or if we had the option to bring them on not throw them straight into a shit team struggling in the premier league.  I guess what I am saying is dont throw the baby out with the bathwater

Echoing this thought I think Ayew and Traore would tear up the championship. Especially Traore.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

To be fair I think there are some decent ones badly let down by the shite around them.  I think some of the likes of Amavi,  Ayew,  Traore and even Veretout would have looked much better in better teams or if we had the option to bring them on not throw them straight into a shit team struggling in the premier league.  I guess what I am saying is dont throw the baby out with the bathwater

Amavi lost us points in the few games he played, Vertout must be France's hide and seek champion and Ayew couldn't be arsed for most of the season. But we've been here before, no point going in circles. Selling would also help bring in cash to sign players.

Need a manager then someone who can catch a ball for goalkeeper first though

14 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Amavi lost us points in the few games he played, Vertout must be France's hide and seek champion and Ayew couldn't be arsed for most of the season. But we've been here before, no point going in circles. Selling would also help bring in cash to sign players.

Need a manager then someone who can catch a ball for goalkeeper first though

1. A young defender in a new team and new league making mistakes for a bottom half team with absolute dreadful defenders with him? Shocker

2. Ayew "didnt try" (pretty sure he did try. he just looked shit) for about first 7 games or whatever it was. Looked class above our players and the only one trying after that

If any team is to sign ayew it should be everton imo. Think he would suit them

Edited by gharperr