Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?

Marka Ragnos

Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Just how bad do you FEEL about Villa (likely) going down?

• Worst: Utter, irrevocable, darkest despair. There's no coming back from this! My life is truly altered for the worse.
    • Slightly Better Than Worst: Profoundly depressed, but I can get out of bed and eat my toast in the morning. I see a ... faint ... light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Slightly Better Than Slightly Better: I'm down, but at the end of the day, I'm functioning mostly normally and can even smile sometimes.
    • OK: Only occasionally sad, to be honest; it simply doesn't bother me as much as others at this point. Life goes on.
    • Better Than OK: Truly, not low at all, not even a little. I've completely accepted whatever will be. Bring on the Championship!

I get pissed off when we play badly, when we lose and more importantly when the team don't try. Yes I'd be gutted if we went down as like the ever present record etc....But im resigned to the fact that we'll be in the championship next year, part of me is actually looking forward to it, I might see a home win for once.

10 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

I wonder how you feel about relegation corresponds with age. The older guys who have been there done that and got the tee shirt are far more relaxed about it than newer fans who have only ever known premier league football and can't see much beyond it.   

I sit with a lot of "older guys" and we are all some way off being relaxed about being relegated in much the same way as we were back in 67, 70 & 87 when we were young guys .My son who has never seen us play outside of the top flight also feels less than comfortable about it so I do not think it is an age thing as such. I well recall the late 60s and early 70s when we were denied seeing the likes of Best, Moore, Osgood, Currie and Clarke take us on at Villa Park and I do not want a repeat of that for Villa fans today for 1 year or 8.       

• Like 1

Well when I said back starting off the season that Vardy would be a excellent acquisition for the price that was being touted (35m) I was laughed off the forums. When I said he could replace Benteke I was nearly banned. 

So I'm sitting pretty imo.

Am I happy? No. But what did you expect? Replacing one of the top league strikers with a league 2 reject. 

Edited by electronicmaji

50 minutes ago, Shaw_nuff said:

It's probably more of a travesty that amongst the biggest cities, Brum won't have a single club in the top flight when London has six (if you include Watford), Manchester two and Liverpool two.

The mighty West Brom?

1 hour ago, Arj Guy said:

Not in Brum

Watford isn't in London but he decided to count it.  Technically Manchester United don't play in Manchester either.  Borders and boundaries are weird. 

11 hours ago, John said:

I sit with a lot of "older guys" and we are all some way off being relaxed about being relegated in much the same way as we were back in 67, 70 & 87 when we were young guys .My son who has never seen us play outside of the top flight also feels less than comfortable about it so I do not think it is an age thing as such. I well recall the late 60s and early 70s when we were denied seeing the likes of Best, Moore, Osgood, Currie and Clarke take us on at Villa Park and I do not want a repeat of that for Villa fans today for 1 year or 8.       

Here's something I hadn't considered, for x amount of years the best players in the country won't gracing our hallowed turf.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think those cities market and support their clubs much, much better.

i think sky market those cities far better than those cities...

Im also convinced city were bought because of utd, it was a ready made marketing tool

10 hours ago, electronicmaji said:

Well when I said back starting off the season that Vardy would be a excellent acquisition for the price that was being touted (35m) I was laughed off the forums. When I said he could replace Benteke I was nearly banned. 

So I'm sitting pretty imo.

Wtf? Stupid point scoring rubbish. Prior to this season I think anyone saying Vardy was worth 35m would've rightly been called mad, even now I still think that would be too much.

I seem to recall 15m being mentioned but it's pointless speculation as he's still at Leicester and Villa weren't interested.

Sitting pretty because you wanted Villa to sign a player who is having a great season but they didn't, great I'm made up for you hahaha.

Imagine how I feel I really wanted Messi but......;)

Honestly until there's no chance of staying up then I won't be in the mindset that we're playing down there next season. The next 7 (winnable) games are our season. Come back to me in February and we'll see how I feel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Watford isn't in London but he decided to count it.  Technically Manchester United don't play in Manchester either.  Borders and boundaries are weird. 

Exactly, Watford is further from London than West Brom is from Birmingham, people can't have it both ways. 

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Honestly until there's no chance of staying up then I won't be in the mindset that we're playing down there next season. The next 7 (winnable) games are our season. Come back to me in February and we'll see how I feel.

but we probably have to get 5 wins from them 7 games just to keep in touch

this is a team that couldnt beat Sunderland or Swansea this season

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think those cities market and support their clubs much, much better.

You've got to take a long hard look at The Black Country on that one, it's borders are loosely defined of course but basically you've got a million people living there and the main point of cultural identity that a lot of them have seems to be telling everybody who will listen: "NOT BIRMINGHAM" .  

Almost everybody who lives within 40 miles of Charing Cross will say they are from London, the towns surrounding Manchester identify strongly with Manchester too. Here we just have a group of people who really don't want to stand together but then complain that the region always gets overlooked on a national level.