Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?

Marka Ragnos

Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Just how bad do you FEEL about Villa (likely) going down?

• Worst: Utter, irrevocable, darkest despair. There's no coming back from this! My life is truly altered for the worse.
    • Slightly Better Than Worst: Profoundly depressed, but I can get out of bed and eat my toast in the morning. I see a ... faint ... light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Slightly Better Than Slightly Better: I'm down, but at the end of the day, I'm functioning mostly normally and can even smile sometimes.
    • OK: Only occasionally sad, to be honest; it simply doesn't bother me as much as others at this point. Life goes on.
    • Better Than OK: Truly, not low at all, not even a little. I've completely accepted whatever will be. Bring on the Championship!

How are you feelings about Villa seeming quite likely to go down? There's a lot of shades of despair, after all, as well some relief for others and dark humor and apathy and all the emotional colours between. But where are you on the emotional spectrum?

I feel "OK." I know I am not as invested as many others here, and I imagine it's easier if you're far away from Villa Park, but I feel for those of you who are truly gutted, who feel it's almost "personal."

I imagine it must be tremendously hard if you've been a passionate, life-long fan through all the 1990s in the PL, etc. Can't even imagine! Of course, some people by nature just aren't that emotional about anything, which can come in handy at a time like this!

Edited by Marka Ragnos

More angry than anything else, pissed off that those in charge thought it was a good idea to replace Benteke with Gestede, bring in a RB and play him at CH, retain Richardson, sign Lescott....I could go on but what's the point?

I'm getting plenty of noses on my FB reveling in our demise, I don't blame them as their pathetic club have often made me laugh so I can't really complain when they get the chance at payback but I still think this should have been avoided with better management in the summer.

I think we are down, after all no one has ever stayed up from where we are but and it's a big but the next 4 games do give us a chance.

A chance that we must take, at least 3 wins (yeah I know!) If we do then it's still in our control. Do that along with buying a decent forward, left sided CH and a keeper then we might stay up.

I wouldn't bet on it though.

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

living in Australia.. i been hearing this question often.. followed up by.. which team will you follow now?

My response:  I aint changing teams.. are you crazy. You cant abandon your side. Villa till i die.

To answer the question.. im heart broken.. i havent missed a game on telly in years.. been to VP to watch a premier league fixture.. have supported the club for over 20 years.. will truly be gutted... i feel sad every day i realise we are going down.. Obviously not suicidal or anything but i just get a tinge of sadness every time i think about it. I imagine it will be worse once its all confirmed as at the moment.. we all live in hope of a miracle.

With next to no coverage in the championship.. it pretty much eliminates most football viewing for me..

Sad day. I just hope we can come back up straight away whilst playing our good crop of kids coming through to lead us to a new era. Wishful thinking i suppose.

BeIN Sports my friend. Can get it through Fox.

honestly it wouldn't bother me too much, 5 years ago it would, but having a family now takes priority to me, not 11 players who have little interest in playing for us and a chairman who cares even less, and its not like it hasn't been coming, in the last 5 years we've been saved because of there always being 3 teams worse than us. Im sure the day it happens it will hurt but I suppose ill get over it

I love Villa so much it's untrue but unfortunately I think this is it, and we deserve to go down  

Its amazing how quickly we adapt to things and I feel I have gotten so apathetic with them at the moment, just typing this I remember how annoyed and frustrated I would get if we lost and also how elated if we won (that might still happen tbf, I'd blow the roof off!) now I'm just accepting it all and adjustlike I will when we are in the championship. 

Living up north will give me more opportunity to go to games so that's a bonus for me I guess (got to find a positive!) 

My son has just turned five and is a villa fan and I actually felt sorry for him the other day as he will probably get loads of stick because of it, he's a tough cookie though! 

Villa mean everything to me and no matter what the future holds I am Villa till I die! 

• Like 1

The ever present tag is just another record that these clowns can break. I think over the last few years they have broken all the other ones to the point we have to start breaking the ones we have set. it would not surprise me if we get less points than derby did yet another record to achieve. If we go down then it will not be the end of the world but just different. to be playing in a league where you have a chance of winning every game against similar clubs. The way football is at the moment it may be heading for self destruction. Prices are crazy, wages out of control, transfers are ridiculous where you have to go abroad to get quality for a reasonable price. Football is no longer for the working class and with it being so easy to watch on streams and tv it will only be a matter of time before it starts going south. In the past when we had a bad game it used to ruin my weekend and the first day back at work with the usual banter. Nowadays if I am honest it only winds me up for the hour after the game. perhaps I have just become used to us losing and us being shite. Players have just become mercenaries with no commitment, passion or affiliation with the crowd. They get obscene wages what ever the result or performance and act like premadonnas on and off the field where the majority of them are so pampered they would not know a days work if it bit em on the ass. They are pampered to the point they have the clubs run there lives helping with housing, repairs and other tasks most people do naturally but is above there comprehension. It has even got to the point where I feel sorry for the Blues fans and what they have had to endure where in the past it would have kept me laughing for weeks. It has been months since I could even be bothered to watch MOD. It just does not bother me any more.

• Like 1

in a mad way i dont see it as ASTON VILLA being relegated ..i look at like randy learner gets relegated,

no matter how we mask it, RL is in charge,his cost cutting has cost. 

its impossible to spend next month to undo the last 5-6 years of cost cutting

i can see through all the b/s about "building a young team to match the villa fans" etc, we as fans have been fed alot of tripe the past few years, from f/b twitter etc, the real bottom line is.. randy l is at fault for the demise ..not us as fans, the away support is imence,the home fans turn up, we need a owner to match the size of the club,not a 3 season wonder under the mon backed plan, no wonder roy keane walked away from the club,he seen looser after looser stealing a living from this great club & felt helpless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

honestly it wouldn't bother me too much, 5 years ago it would, but having a family now takes priority to me, not 11 players who have little interest in playing for us and a chairman who cares even less, and its not like it hasn't been coming, in the last 5 years we've been saved because of there always being 3 teams worse than us. Im sure the day it happens it will hurt but I suppose ill get over it

Exactly thats the way I look at it I accepted we are down weeks ago. only deluded think we are staying up. Accepting it from now makes it eaiser when it happens. Why do i acre about 7-8 losers who cant be bothered? Play like wimps. The only players that have shown any form of courage this season have been GIl, Richards and Ayew (I would say Okore but he only just back from injury) the rest absolute waste of time

• Like 2

It's been on the cards for a few years now so I've accepted it. The way the club has been run in the last few years has sucked out any possible enjoyment you could have supporting them. The ambition of the club has been to finish 17th every year and that level of ambition gets you relegated. Until the owner goes nothing will change. We'll faff about in the top half of the championship and lose in the playoffs every now and then.

Relegation = Meh -//- New Owner = Excitement back. 

Edited by villa89

I voted for the worst ever, I really think that going down will be absolute suicide for us...because I think we'll have gone down without any fight and will take nothing to the chumpionship that will help us come back up.

A season out with the new TV money is monstrous, all the average clubs will be cementing their places spending the big bucks and the divide to mix it with them up there will be massive.  It could also have a retrospective affect on the chumpionship, as owners slosh a bit more cash about with the view to make it up into the prem...for the money.

It might all even out, but I think we'll be stuck down there for a few seasons to come and that will be to the tune of some many millions required just to catch up.

Worst possible scenario, stuck under our current owner with no money...no sight of money and not even able to get promoted back up.

It will probably hurt more as it becomes more of a reality.

A lot of Villa fans are like myself I suspect, blindly optimistic! The football gods have been kind to us over the years and we seem to worm our way out of bad situations.

What will hurt will be find out how fast the rest of the football world moves on with out you. One minute you're being relegated and the next it's Bolton away whilst every one else is looking forward to Match of the Day.

If we went down and did a Newcastle it could be the catalyst for revival. If we did a Leeds... Christ.

Like an injured cat, we need to crawl away under the sideboard and recuperate. Looks like Garde took the job not as some premier league saviour, but as someone who would come in and rebuild the squad in his own vision, even if we went down. This I am all for and some pain now for a revitalised Villa in the future is a bitter pill worth swallowing. Whatever your opinion on the championship, I think it will be the making of us.

• Like 2