Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?

Marka Ragnos

Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Just how bad do you FEEL about Villa (likely) going down?

• Worst: Utter, irrevocable, darkest despair. There's no coming back from this! My life is truly altered for the worse.
    • Slightly Better Than Worst: Profoundly depressed, but I can get out of bed and eat my toast in the morning. I see a ... faint ... light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Slightly Better Than Slightly Better: I'm down, but at the end of the day, I'm functioning mostly normally and can even smile sometimes.
    • OK: Only occasionally sad, to be honest; it simply doesn't bother me as much as others at this point. Life goes on.
    • Better Than OK: Truly, not low at all, not even a little. I've completely accepted whatever will be. Bring on the Championship!

A few years ago I would have been devastated. But the last few years have been so horrifically miserable that even if we somehow survived, I cant say I would be looking forward to another season of shit football, few wins and mind-numbingly tedious weekends as a result of the Villa. There is NOTHING fun about hovering around 15th-18th every season. I dont see whats enjoyable about that. If your goal every season is to simply survive then I want to no part of it. There is nothing wrong with a promoted side having those expectations but after a year or two of survival you have to look furthering expectation like lots of current teams did.

One last thing, anyone who says "it could do us some good going down" should check themselves into an insane asylum asap. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Well, I think this is my first post on this forum - and if I wish to avoid rope burns around my throat - or deep scars on my wrists - or the pain that comes from having my stomach contents pumped out - I think it may be my last.

Too much manic depression on show for my taste - I feel that Morley_crosses_to_Withe is closest to my own view.

As others have pointed out, Newcastle came back - and are we that much different ?  Sure they are shit at present - and may well be going down with us -  but it can be done.

After years of off-field bleeps - we appear to have steadied that ship - now the problem is on the field. And I for one hope that RG sticks with us - wherever we are.

I think he has already stated that that is likely 

Having become a Villa fan in the old 2nd division - I can cope with it. No sackcloth & ashes for me. Not much Villa coverage either - as I live abroad. Still I would rather watch 5 minutes of us winning than 90+ of losing.

VTID

Your first post was a good post, I hope it's not your last!

• Like 1

Just said to the wife that if we lose today I'm throwing the towel in. Then said hang on, if we lose next match then I really will throw the towel in. Then thought no, if we were to win the one after that we have a chance. I'm not certain I'm as prepared for relegation as I thought I'd convinced myself I was.

Totally with you. After a few half performances that should be the bare minimum we expect, I have renewed enthusiasm!