Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?

Marka Ragnos

Just how bad do you feel about Villa (likely) going down?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Just how bad do you FEEL about Villa (likely) going down?

• Worst: Utter, irrevocable, darkest despair. There's no coming back from this! My life is truly altered for the worse.
    • Slightly Better Than Worst: Profoundly depressed, but I can get out of bed and eat my toast in the morning. I see a ... faint ... light at the end of the tunnel.
    • Slightly Better Than Slightly Better: I'm down, but at the end of the day, I'm functioning mostly normally and can even smile sometimes.
    • OK: Only occasionally sad, to be honest; it simply doesn't bother me as much as others at this point. Life goes on.
    • Better Than OK: Truly, not low at all, not even a little. I've completely accepted whatever will be. Bring on the Championship!

Genuine question: Next year I will be living in America for at least 9 months, so will it be possible to stream Villa matches even if we are in the championship? I don't mind paying a subscription fee if it means being able to watch us play. I don't want to go nearly a year without seeing Villa Park. 

I think a lot of people say that they think we're already down as a security thing, so if it eventually does happen then they can say they aren't affected emotionally because they'd been expecting it.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Genuine question: Next year I will be living in America for at least 9 months, so will it be possible to stream Villa matches even if we are in the championship? I don't mind paying a subscription fee if it means being able to watch us play. I don't want to go nearly a year without seeing Villa Park. 

Well there's always the new series of game of thrones, unrelenting bleakness, much like watching Villa.

If this had been raised during previous relegation seasons i'd probably have a different response but i'm so sick of the endless relegation scraps that I don't really care anymore.

We fully deserve to go down but i'll still be here no matter what.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

I have three feelings

first is utter anger and outrage at the owner for the state of the club. We are huge yet a complete shambles and after we are relegated this season I truly believe that the state we are in we will stay down for many years . So for me it is not just about this season but where we are as a club and what it means for our future.

second is embarrassment about the club brough on again by how appallingly bad we are thanks to the owner and the fact that people are revelling in our demise precisely because we are a huge club

third is meh about relegation this season as I accepted it months ago, maybe as a defence mechanism I guess but it has helped deal with the fact that we are down

• Like 1

Not bothered any more.

The worst thing is we will have to give the Dirty **** Scum their two cup finals per season and give them another chance to destroy the lavatories in the away end.

Genuinely don't care either way to be honest. My happiness or well-being is not defined by Aston Villa's league position. Yes its nice when we win and yes it makes me cross when we lose but there really is more to life.

Coupled with the shower of shite on the pitch  is a growing sense of disconnection with PL football and its excesses so a few seasons in a lower league will (hopefully) be interesting and infinitely more enjoyable. 

It means I can go away to Fulham too which I've always found to be a very pleasant day out. 

• Like 2

The past couple of years have pretty much prepared the fans for the inevitable relegation in my opinion. Can't say I'm bothered really as to be honest we offer nothing to the premier league and I'm also finding myself bored on match days after the same rubbish all the time on display. That's not to say I don't care of course I do.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Richard said:

I have three feelings

first is utter anger and outrage at the owner for the state of the club. We are huge yet a complete shambles and after we are relegated this season I truly believe that the state we are in we will stay down for many years . So for me it is not just about this season but where we are as a club and what it means for our future.

second is embarrassment about the club brough on again by how appallingly bad we are thanks to the owner and the fact that people are revelling in our demise precisely because we are a huge club

third is meh about relegation this season as I accepted it months ago, maybe as a defence mechanism I guess but it has helped deal with the fact that we are down

Pretty much the same here.

All a bit 'meh', and got more important things to worry about.

The feeling is as bad as it was in 67, 70 & 87. I had hoped we would not face this feeling again and that those who have not seen us win things in their lifetime would at least be spared seeing us relegated. So much for that bright future!   

I think we've been bracing ourselves for this since 2010, a bit like a long term illness. We've had a few escapes, and its just been at matter of time. I've come to terms with it in previous years and then somehow we've managed to get out of it, so on the whole - yeah I'm ok about it.

My main point would be, that I don't see us bouncing back straightaway. So I've also come to terms with the fact we might be in Championship for at least a couple of years. As a long distance fan, my only concern would be how I follow the club when I've become used to this wall-to-wall coverage of the Premiership, apart from the odd visit I can afford during the season.

I don't really care that much, tbh. I've gone from being a season ticket holder for years on end and getting to as many away games as possible, to going once or twice a season, and mostly just watching because talking shit in the match thread is good fun.

With match tickets and train tickets, it was usually about £70 a match to go and almost always come home in a shit mood. I'll mostly just be disappointed that there won't be many streams next season.

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm not too bothered about going down as such, it may result in me enjoying football again. It's the journey there that is hurting, along with being a complete laughing stock.

Yeah i'm with this I think. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think we've been bracing ourselves for this since 2010, a bit like a long term illness. We've had a few escapes, and its just been at matter of time. I've come to terms with it in previous years and then somehow we've managed to get out of it, so on the whole - yeah I'm ok about it.

My main point would be, that I don't see us bouncing back straightaway. So I've also come to terms with the fact we might be in Championship for at least a couple of years. As a long distance fan, my only concern would be how I follow the club when I've become used to this wall-to-wall coverage of the Premiership, apart from the odd visit I can afford during the season.

Done a little research on the championship and looks like those with the biggest following get the live games on sky - Leeds, Wolves, Forest seem to do ok. Sky are showing total of 116 games this season, and this week are doing something called 10 in 10 - 10 live games in 10 days - so with us down there and maybe Newcastle or Sunderland I can see the number of televised games going up, and possibly the Villa on TV once or twice a month as Leeds have been. But why exactly we want to watch this pile of horse poo I can't answer.