Pre match thread

roonst83

Right, I've woken up feeling confident about a win today. I'd love to see Richards right back but it's never going to happen. I'm hoping we go something like this

Guzan

Bacuna

Richards

Clark

Hutton

Gana

Veretout

Adama

Gil

Ayew

Gestede

Seven Hutton at left back and he's just as solid defensively. He doesn't lose any attacking threat as he hadn't really got any on the right. I like the look of that team actually. 4-1 villa. Gil, adama Gestede x2

Good Morning Sports Fans!.. 

The bells are ringing for Claret & Blue… 

Come to see The Villa!.. You've only come to see The Villa!. 

Yippy yi yay… Yippy yi ohh 

Fight, fight, whoever you may be, 
We are the boys of the Holte Army, 
And we'll beat you all, 
Whoever you may be, 
We are the boys of the Holte Army...

villa… Villa… VILLA!.. 

Now lets **** have it!.. :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

On 11/22/2015, 10:47:55, Fowlersrs said:

This is my first game since MON left, I've not been to villa park since then for one reason or another. Let's hope it's a good omen

Have you seen any of the intervening games? You might be in for a shock.

Just as well its all seating nowadays, you might be glad of it.

Lose or draw this and the towel might as well be thrown in.

I really hope the players have all taken a good look at themselves this week and started to realise that each of them has to improve, to show real commitment to each other, Villa and the supporters.

If it's the pointing at each other, arms waving crap once again then it's over. January will be too late, unless Lerner buys better players from Barcelona than Traore...Messi? ;)

I feel like there's always a way out as long as we collectively never give up but I fear that a loss today will mean enough fans and players will have accepted fate somewhat that we won't be able to crawl out of the hole. 

This isn't a criticism of any fans as it is totally understandable, but I feel that as soon as we lose belief as a club we won't be able to recover and I worry that might happen should we lose this game.

Please don't **** it up Villa.

I don't expect anything from this so it'll be hard for me to be disappointed in the first place.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

And yet it's so good 10 miles down the road at Sunderland.

I have a feeling the usual results in those games will be reversed this season.

Stupid isn't it? We normally do well against Sunderland, normally do badly against Newcastle yet Sunderland now ALWAYS beat Newcastle.

Edited by Mantis

11 hours ago, John said:

They have not beaten us at Villa Park since 1969 and last took a point at VP in 1987. History is on our side I hope the referee is as well. ;) 

I am surprised by that stat John as I thought they would have beaten us when they had Barnes and Luther Blissett in the Taylor days. Must have been at Watford where we lost a few times. 

I think we have to have a totally different focus than the Man City and Everton games. We need to set up to score goals not stop the other team from scoring. At least have a go.

This is the game.

At 5 o'clock we'll know if we're going down, or if we have a chance. We'e waiting to see how the players react to last week's loss, Garde's treatment of Grealish, Richards' kick up the arse and the general fight we have ahead of ourselves.

Absolutely huge game.

could do with dragging Watford in it a bit too. i am sure they will slide after xmas. So if we can close the gap.. it could eventually drag them in.

massive game. Can our players handle it? doubt it. Bottlers.