Pre match thread

roonst83

On 24 November 2015 at 21:05:09, Butterfingers said:

We were not cruising against you-We couldn't get the ball out of our own half in the second half and managed to score a breakaway goal. Saturday is not do or die-You of all teams should know this, given your escape last season.

Fair point. Agreed. There are plenty of games left and remember, It's always darkest before the dawn....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me burns said:

Fair point. Agreed. There are plenty of games left and remember, It's always darkest before the dawn....

Such a weird phrase . . . It's actually always darkest in the middle of the night. 

Good luck for the weekend by the way, I shall genuinely be hoping you lot win. I've not had much time for Leicester since THAT 4-4 draw in the mid-90's (yet another Leicester comeback) but I'm enjoying your run at the moment, and no matter that it's gonna fall apart sooner or later, it's nice to see different teams do well. Would love it if you beat Yanited. 

I am of the mind that a good old fashioned 4-4-2 could be the right line up for this, and would like our captain to play in what I think is his best position, right back ( It was TS who apparently promised to play him at CB yeah not Garde)

Guzan

Richards, Okore, Clark, Hutton (This is the best back 4 I can think of)

Sinclair, Gana, Sanchez, Gil (some pace and creativity out wide, some steel and energy in the middle) please note the word 'some'

Ayew Gestede (Some aerial threat in the box and from crosses and a potential 'okay' partnership- we need goals)

Prediction, a nervy 1-0 win to the Villa...deflection

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

I am of the mind that a good old fashioned 4-4-2 could be the right line up for this, and would like our captain to play in what I think is his best position, right back ( It was TS who apparently promised to play him at CB yeah not Garde)

Guzan

Richards, Okore, Clark, Hutton (This is the best back 4 I can think of)

Sinclair, Gana, Sanchez, Gil (some pace and creativity out wide, some steel and energy in the middle) please note the word 'some'

Ayew Gestede (Some aerial threat in the box and from crosses and a potential 'okay' partnership- we need goals)

Prediction, a nervy 1-0 win to the Villa...deflection

Well they play 4-4-2 usually, so if we did go with that we'd hopefully not get overrun in midfield like we have done in the past when we've tried it.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm gonna go to this.

Torture.

I went to WBA at home last season (Benteke trundly pen) and felt sick in the build up and whole 90 mins. Hurt my head cheering so much when that pen went in.

I would **** love a similar win.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Four four **** two.

Get it in the mixer, **** them up, get into them.

Sod the philosophy, **** the sophistication. Let's just snap some legs, fracture some eye sockets and get three pissing points.

I'm not overly familiar with Watford's usual formation, but getting back to 4-4-2 only works if you've a dominant centre mid, or pairing.  We've not shown that yet this season which means we have to pack the middle.

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm not overly familiar with Watford's usual formation, but getting back to 4-4-2 only works if you've a dominant centre mid, or pairing.  We've not shown that yet this season which means we have to pack the middle.

I agree, but Watford play 4-4-2 as well, which means we may not encounter the problem we've had before where our midfield 2 gets overrun by the opposition's midfield 3.

Gana and Sanchez vs Capoue and Watson. I'd like to think there's not a huge amount in that battle. Certainly not enough that we'd see the midfield dominated.

Guzan 

Hutton Richards okore richardson 

Sanchez gana 

Veretout

Gil                               Sinclair /Adama

Ayew 

This is absolutely who should be starting tomorrow , and who I would like to see . It took so much effort for me to write richardson but sadly he is the best we have at lb.