Pre match thread

roonst83

Richardson is getting a lot of heat, and rightly so, but the manager feels he is the best we have, I hope the fans at the ground can get behind him, and help him have a good performance. The club is deep in a hole right now, and it needs everyone pulling together, no matter their views on team formation, or player selection.

Just now, Mantis said:

Wouldn't say he's been great but "poison" is a massive exaggeration.

He gets out muscled easier than Westwood, he gives the opposition the ball when under no pressure and he doesn't pick up runners.  Oh and he missed a great chance vs Everton, he has done nothing good for us to be classed as anything other than crap.

Just now, Mantis said: Wouldn't say he's been great but "poison" is a massive exaggeration.

He gets out muscled easier than Westwood, he gives the opposition the ball when under no pressure and he doesn't pick up runners.  Oh and he missed a great chance vs Everton, he has done nothing good for us to be classed as anything other than crap.

Not saying much but rather him there than Westwood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

pretty sure hes played in most our 5 points this season. Considering he hasnt played alot. Hes not poison. He will come good. Just needs time.

• Like 3

If we are to win today it will be from the boot of Jordan Ayew. We really need him to get involved from the get go.. when he gets the ball and runs at defenders.. he looks the part.

16 hours ago, R.Bear said:

You wanna know what I hate most about this club? After last week I said to myself that "I dont care, get relegated, go **** yourselves" or words to that effect. Now a day before kick off I'm thinking "come on Villa, turn it around tomorrow, you can do it".

I hate how much I love this team :(

went up and seen my grandad today whos 78 and i asked him how he thought we would get on today. he said i honestly could not give a shit, ive lost all interest. hes been going to games since the late 40s and went home and away week in week out until they brought in all seater stadiums in the early to mid 90s. hes had enough and rarely even watches them on tv now, where as years ago if villa got beat he would come home from the game in a terrible mood and it would ruin the rest of his week. villa mad he was but hes completely lost faith in the club.

6 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I'm sure Veretout will improve with time but as it stands he doesn't deserve to be in the team, I'd have Bacuna in there ahead of him as he at least has end product and would play him infront of Gana and Sanchez.

I can't completely disagree with this but I think Veretout will come good and it's probably better to get him up to standard on the field instead of the bench.