roonst83

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd go...

Guzan

Crespo  Richards  Clark  Hutton

Westwood    Sanchez

Ayew             Veretout            Gil

Kozak

Gestede breaks down so many attacks with a terrible touch, I just can't have him in the side unless we're wellying it forwards hoping for a knockdown.

Not a chance in a million years Kozak will pop up, but you can bet Watford won't be expecting him to :D

Can always put Ayew up front and have Sinclair/Gab on the right.

I like that team, but I'd like to see Gil in the middle.

Plus Gana for Westwood or Veretout. We can't have both of those in the same team. Too similar.

3-5-1-1

Guzan or Bunn (I don't care which)

Okore/Crespo - Richards - Clark

Bacuna - Vertout - Sanchez - Gana - Ayew

Gil (free-role)

Gestede or Kozak (I don't care which)

or

4-1-3-1-1

Bacuna - Richards - Clark - Anyone except Lescott and Richardson.

Sanchez

Vertout Gana Ayew

Gil

Kozak or Gestede (I don't care which)

Edited by Grasshopper

On 21/11/2015, 19:23:29, KHV said:

Put all your money on Watford we don't have a

1 hour ago, dakid007 said:

We can win this. We need to fight for 90+ mins. We are slowly running out of games to keep our prem status. 2 wins in a row will have us out of the bottom 3. Leicester do not have a better team than us. They have a better belief & work rate

Leicester have a much better team than us. Your suggestion to the contrary is quite bizarre. 

Gents, filbert in peace. I feel your pain. I'm sure most think your problems run deeper but I think the defining moment so far this season were those 2 bonkers substitutions by Timothy when you were 2.0 up and honestly cruising against us. I believe you would have gone on to win the game easily, giving you a massive confidence boost, whilst seriously damaging ours. The table might look a lot different now had that happened. Timothy might still be in charge though....I appreciate you're all probably considering a Dignitas Clinic right now if you lose this weekend but would appreciate your thoughts if you can think of anything else other than this Saturday...I agree it's do or die.

Filbert - I do agree with you to be honest. I've said ever since that was a huge, huge moment in both our seasons. That win would've been huge for us and Sherwood and this side have never recovered from the shell shock of that 20 minutes. We forget how well we played for an hour of that game. Sherwood will regret the last 20 minutes of that match for the rest of his limited career in management.

It was a big **** up but then he didn't learn from it. Everything after that was utterly shambolic.

This game is even bigger now Sunderland have got 3 more points, to get some sort of momentum going we simply have to win. And if we have 4 points from City, Everton and Watford then I would say that was probably the best start we could have hoped for. 

It's a weekend of such enormity for both of our teams that for once words fail me. There is simply no telling what the outcomes might be, seriously absolutely anything could happen and probably will. All I can say is this,  put some strong lager in the fridge, check your blood pressure, fasten your seat belts and told on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

3-5-1-1

Okore/Crespo - Richards - Clark

Bacuna - Vertout - Sanchez - Gana - Ayew

Gil (free-role)

Gestede or Kozak (I don't care which)

or

4-1-3-1-1

Bacuna - Richards - Clark - Anyone except Lescott and Richardson.

Sanchez

Vertout Gana Ayew

Gil

Kozak or Gestede (I don't care which)

Im going to pigeon hole these two line ups with the other 43000 suggested this season..........MINGING

Edited by Woodytom

---------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

Hutton-------RIchards-----------xxxxxxxxx------xxxxxxxxxx

------Sanchez-----Westwood/Veretout----Gana--------------

Gil---------------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxx

-----------------------------Ayew--------------------------------

I think there are maybe three of four questions to answer in selection.

We need to figure out a back line that works and I think the key to that is the fitness of Okore and Ilori if they're both fit, then I think we could do something - if not, then I think we have t stick with the Clark - Richardson option, as unpalatable as it might be.

Choosing between Veretout and Westwood is difficult - I like Veretout and I think he's got a lot of potential, but he's learning the game.

On the left, I think it's a straight choice between Sinclair or Grealish if Gabby isn't back.

The rest I think are pretty much nailed on starters.

I'd go:

---------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

Hutton---------RIchards-----------Okore--------------Clark

------Sanchez----------Westwood--------Gana--------------

Gil--------------------------------------------------------Sinclair

-----------------------------Ayew--------------------------------

But I have a horrible feeling it'll still be Richardson.

I'd like to see Westwood and Veretout both benched, and Gil moved into the centre with Sanchez as a DM and Gana doing the leg work.

Maybe then Ayew wide and bring gestede back in up front.

• Like 1

The players are going to have start to stand up and be counted. We are in deep mire and this for me now is last chance saloon if we are to rescue our season. I know there will still be 24 games left after Saturday but I think we all know that if we don’t start to turn this around now then we aren’t going to.

It is going to be wet and windy on Saturday I just hope the players come out with the right attitude and go straight for the throat of Watford and give nothing less than 100%. On paper we should want it more than them.

I am loathe to make a prediction but I will and am going for a 2-0 win and the start of hopefully clawing our way to safety.

• Like 2

I'd like to see Westwood and Veretout both benched, and Gil moved into the centre with Sanchez as a DM and Gana doing the leg work.

Maybe then Ayew wide and bring gestede back in up front.

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark Hutton

Gana Sanchez Gil

Sinclair gestede ayew

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

The players are going to have start to stand up and be counted. We are in deep mire and this for me now is last chance saloon if we are to rescue our season. I know there will still be 24 games left after Saturday but I think we all know that if we don’t start to turn this around now then we aren’t going to.

It is going to be wet and windy on Saturday I just hope the players come out with the right attitude and go straight for the throat of Watford and give nothing less than 100%. On paper we should want it more than them.

I am loathe to make a prediction but I will and am going for a 2-0 win and the start of hopefully clawing our way to safety.

This post is worth a like purely on the words-to-good-old-fashion-footballing-cliches ratio. Not a dig at all - I really enjoyed it.

At the end of the day it's a game of two halves and the lads need to go our there with their hearts on their sleeves. I'd be over the moon with 2-0.  

Prediction: 1-0 Villa.  Gill with the cheeky lollipop, Gestade second post with little eyebrows in the 89th minute.

Edited by Vancvillan
  • Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎18‎:‎58, Me burns said:

Gents, filbert in peace. I feel your pain. I'm sure most think your problems run deeper but I think the defining moment so far this season were those 2 bonkers substitutions by Timothy when you were 2.0 up and honestly cruising against us. I believe you would have gone on to win the game easily, giving you a massive confidence boost, whilst seriously damaging ours. The table might look a lot different now had that happened. Timothy might still be in charge though....I appreciate you're all probably considering a Dignitas Clinic right now if you lose this weekend but would appreciate your thoughts if you can think of anything else other than this Saturday...I agree it's do or die.

We were not cruising against you-We couldn't get the ball out of our own half in the second half and managed to score a breakaway goal. Saturday is not do or die-You of all teams should know this, given your escape last season.