The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

In fairness, the existing players-Guzan, Richardson, Hutton, Clark, Westwood, etc were not much better.

I'd say theres more hope of the summer signings succeeding in this league long term than there is the existing dross-Its just an impossible ask to throw them all in together, amongst such utter garbage and expect them to hit the ground running.

We've been undone by a chairman who doesn't give a ****, is looking to get back what he can from a poor investment and who has appointed people who are way out of their depth to represent the club on a daily basis.

Totally agree. No matter what happens, Ayew, Gana, Amavi(when fit), Veretout, Gil, Adama, Richards, will all find premiership clubs with ease if we go down. The dross in our squad imo are the long term players who in general are average on a good day.The issue for us will be convincing, if possible 3 or 4 of those above to stay and provide the foundation on which to start again and hopefully get us back up. I would happily see Clark, Hutton, Guzan, Westwood, Bacuna, Gabby, Richardson, Lescott, Sanchez all go if I am honest as I think all could easily be replaced, especially the British players in that bunch.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Totally agree. No matter what happens, Ayew, Gana, Amavi(when fit), Veretout, Gil, Adama, Richards, will all find premiership clubs with ease if we go down. The dross in our squad imo are the long term players who in general are average on a good day.The issue for us will be convincing, if possible 3 or 4 of those above to stay and provide the foundation on which to start again and hopefully get us back up. I would happily see Clark, Hutton, Guzan, Westwood, Bacuna, Gabby, Richardson, Lescott, Sanchez all go if I am honest as I think all could easily be replaced, especially the British players in that bunch.

Veretout won't. He is shite. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Veretout is a decent player. He gave the ball away a couple of times today, but it was only because he taking risks at times and trying to play passes others would be too scared too. I would rather admire players who try to make something happen rather than criticise them when it doesn't come off. 

I agree with this. I think he has had some stick today but most of our forward passes were played by him and he played hutton in on numerous occasions, and not forgetting the assist for Richards goal which was class. Not a great performance by any stretch but he is definitely a good player and I thought he played well bar a couple of dodgy passes which in fairness all the players made in different areas. I thought he looked stronger as well today and his set pieces in general are very good.

Nothing at all wrong with the Manager based on today.

In fact I thought we were reasonable. Had exactly the same game happened with us secure in mid table itd have drawn no comments. A few individual mistakes, some clear lack of confidence to look forward at times.

But because of the mess we are already in, it is a pretty catastrophic result !

• Like 3

Villa fans are f***ed up and it's because of the shite we've put up with since consecutive seasons of finishing 6th and challenging for 4th. It's destroyed our sense of reasoning. 

On the face of it, Garde should be expecting a harsh time of it because his team have nothing much different to Sherwood's team. However, a dream team of Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson couldn't get this team winning. Our brains (or lack of) trust have royally fuc**d up with their summer signings. Yes, they may come good but, as I said all along, it will all be too late. We will go down this season. 

My only hope is that Lerner receives the amount of rhetoric that our previous owner received. He fu**ing deserves it! 

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder if he will be backed in January and to what extent...

I think it'll depend on where we are.

Say we do go on a good run with our easyish fixtures over xmas. If we're in touching distance then we will probably see him backed.

If we're massively cut adrift then I don't think we'll spend much.

Just now, romavillan said:

Does anyone think garde will stay on with us if we go down?

Yes.

I'd like to see him kept too. Obviously it depends on what happens this season. If he turns out to be dreadful then you can scrap that comment :)
But I like him so far and I think we need a bit of continuity if/when we go down.

Nothing at all wrong with the Manager based on today.

In fact I thought we were reasonable. Had exactly the same game happened with us secure in mid table itd have drawn no comments. A few individual mistakes, some clear lack of confidence to look forward at times.

But because of the mess we are already in, it is a pretty catastrophic result !

Good post

We looked ok today but errors and deflections cost us the game.Unfortuantly it has just added to the mess we were already in.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it'll depend on where we are.

Say we do go on a good run with our easyish fixtures over xmas. If we're in touching distance then we will probably see him backed.

If we're massively cut adrift then I don't think we'll spend much.

Exactly, will also massively effect on who we could get. Nobody half decent will come if we're already dead abs buried.

If we're in the hunt we'll at least tempt sone brave footballers.

hard to criticise him after today.

Sinclair and Ayew played pretty well.

Adama had probably his best cameo also.

The rest of the team on paper is probably the best we have, but Gana, Vertout and Clark continue to disappoint but that isn't down to Garde neither is the fact Richardson is bang average.

Gil is wasted out wide but again you can see why he is playing there.

I would go with the below side vs Saints, if Okore is not ready then go with Crespo who looked the most composed defender we have when he played. I like Clark but I don't think he and Richards compliment each other.

Gestede

Sinclair - Gil - Ayew

Gana - Sanchez

Richardson - Okore - Richards - Hutton

Guzan

I think we will continue to improve, but it feels like by the time we get our sh*t together we will be too cut adrift.

I hope we keep Garde - this isn't his mess.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

To be honest, I don't actually think we'll lose that many players against our own will simply because there's so little proven quality in there. Unless we finish strongly but still go down I don't think there'll be many of our players who will have PL clubs queuing up to sign them. Even Amavi could end up staying due to his injury.

Â