The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Going forward, that's comfortably the best performance all season. In fact I'd argue it was one of the best performances for 18 odd months.

Defensively we make too many mistakes. You could claim we were unlucky on the first, but goals two and three were shambolic.

That's the priority now. **** getting a striker in. We need competent defenders.

It's a cliché, but it's valid. Football is a results business. And this is another game that Villa have lost. Zero points. Therefore it was far from a good performance. The opposition got three points. Villa seem incapable of winning a game. And that is down to mentality. There is a loser's mentality at the club and that's why we miss from three yards, the ball falls to their striker after a ricochet, Hutton places his clearance into the bottom corner. So I disagree that that was a good performance, and if it was the opposition would be happy to play against a losing performance like that every game. We've been talking about decent performances all season, but we never have points to show for them. 

There's no such thing as a good performance if you've lost the game in my book.

Just now, YLN said:

It's a cliché, but it's valid. Football is a results business. And this is another game that Villa have lost. Zero points. Therefore it was far from a good performance. The opposition got three points. Villa seem incapable of winning a game. And that is down to mentality. There is a loser's mentality at the club and that's why we miss from three yards, the ball falls to their striker after a ricochet, Hutton places his clearance into the bottom corner. So I disagree that that was a good performance, and if it was the opposition would be happy to play against a losing performance like that every game. We've been talking about decent performances all season, but we never have points to show for them. 

There's no such thing as a good performance if you've lost the game in my book.

I agree with every word.

Which is why I specified that going forward it was a good performance. Overall it wasn't, because we were defensively poor and we lost.

The only thing I'd disagree with is that we've been talking about decent performances this season. We haven't. We've been dreadful.

Man City and today have been better performances than anything Sherwood served up this season.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I just don't understand this. 

We scored two goals today and created enough chances to have scored 2 or 3 more.

It's the other end that's the problem. We need to cut out the defenders making stupid mistakes. Thay's what's lost us the game.

I see where you're coming from, but defensively we're exposed IMO. Individual mistakes are annoying, but look at the 2nd goal. It's very easy to say, as I have seen on here, "Well I don't think it was Garde's plan for Hutton to score an OG", but the midfield was nowhere to be seen. That was a major contributing factor to the goal which Garde needs to be doing something about.

The fact we conceded three goals today was nothing to do with th way we were set up. They were down to individual errors and/or huge slices of luck. 

If Randy has anything in that head of his, he won't invest a single penny in January. This club is down, we need to deal with it and prepare for the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm just hoping that once that first win comes, confidence will help improve the level of performance and more wins come along. 

Me too. I was so hoping it would be today.

56 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

So is there any channel that shows a lot of championship games ? or will we only be allowed to see a handful ? Next year will be so boring without knowing you get to see Aston Villa (even though we suck) 

Sky will have us on every week, we'd be massive down there, think Leeds have already been on 5 times this season.

Â