The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, YLN said: It's a cliché, but it's valid. Football is a results business. And this is another game that Villa have lost. Zero points. Therefore it was far from a good performance. The opposition got three points. Villa seem incapable of winning a game. And that is down to mentality. There is a loser's mentality at the club and that's why we miss from three yards, the ball falls to their striker after a ricochet, Hutton places his clearance into the bottom corner. So I disagree that that was a good performance, and if it was the opposition would be happy to play against a losing performance like that every game. We've been talking about decent performances all season, but we never have points to show for them. 

There's no such thing as a good performance if you've lost the game in my book.

I agree with every word.

Which is why I specified that going forward it was a good performance. Overall it wasn't, because we were defensively poor and we lost.

The only thing I'd disagree with is that we've been talking about decent performances this season. We haven't. We've been dreadful.

Man City and today have been better performances than anything Sherwood served up this season.

Although I agree in general, the first 70 minutes against Leicester were the best we've played this season.

• Like 3

It is pretty obvious that he is trying to do something positive, the way we played today wasn't bad but we were let down by lapses in concentration and general stupidness from our rear guard.

Clark showed very little heart for their 3rd goal, he didn't want it as much as Deeney did and that is what is wrong with us. There are far too many times where our players simply don't want it, in comparison to say Leicester every one of their players wants to win a duel or 50/50. 

Hopefully he makes some changes with our defence, he got rid of Lescott which was the first plus point and now we just need to give Okore a try. Maybe let Bacuna have a go at left back or right back. Hutton did well driving forward today but poor defensively and scored a stupid own goal. 

What can he do? This team just isn't good enough for this league. Organisation and fighting spirit just aren't enough for a sqaud this poor. And in this situation he's not going to be able to get any of his tactical ideas across. 

He knows exactly what's wrong and what went wrong today. He said it all in the post match interviews.

He's the man for the job at the moment. In my eyes, we're a better club with him than without. When/if we go down, it won't be on him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Sky will have us on every week, we'd be massive down there, think Leeds have already been on 5 times this season.

For the keen eyed streamer, you can watch Villa every week in the premier league. You can forget doing that in the Championship.

As for Remi, I just don't know what else he can do. Today we played some good stuff, so I think he has the right philosophy, but just doesn't have the players to pull it off.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Although I agree in general, the first 70 minutes against Leicester were the best we've played this season.

and maybe Sunderland at home as well

should have won both of those  ... may have only papered over some cracks but we'd be 5 points better off and not so far adrift 

Just now, KHV said:

Worst appointment since Venglos

What! After 3 games with a team that was already in a mess.... Ridiculous thing to say.

IMO we need to stick with Garde whether we go down or not as I think he is the right manager to eventually take us forward.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The damage has already done.

That said I think the Sunderland squad is as bad as ours and they've now won 3/6 under Big Sam.

We've been undone by signing a shed load of bollocks players that were not wanted and are nowhere near good enough for this league which has been compounded by appointing a manager based on the premise he speaks the lingo. Utter horse arse all round . Club deserves everything it's getting. Total embarrassment 

Just now, KHV said:

We've been undone by signing a shed load of bollocks players that were not wanted and are nowhere near good enough for this league which has been compounded by appointing a manager based on the premise he speaks the lingo. Utter horse arse all round . Club deserves everything it's getting. Total embarrassment 

Mental suggestion, I know, but you might want to give the manager a bit of a chance.

You know what, I do think our players are good enough for this league. I still believe we signed well in the summer. Ayew, Amavi, Veretout and Gana are all good players good enough for this league. Our problem is a complete lack of cohesion and confidence.  I think all the players we signed will easily go to other Premier League clubs and do well (apart from Rudy!). 

We're just in a slump, and we wont get out of it, but it's not due to the players not being good enough imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

:crylaugh:Extremely laughable the bold. I think Garde has a bit more than just speaks French  on his CV.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

You know what, I do think our players are good enough for this league. I still believe we signed well in the summer. Ayew, Amavi, Veretout and Gana are all good players good enough for this league. Our problem is a complete lack of cohesion and confidence.  I think all the players we signed will easily go to other Premier League clubs and do well (apart from Rudy!). 

We're just in a slump, and we wont get out of it, but it's not due to the players not being good enough imo. 

I agree. I think we'll get out of it. I've already seen signs from Garde that, imo, point towards us getting there.

But I think it will all be too late for this season.

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haha

10 minutes ago, KHV said:

In fairness, the existing players-Guzan, Richardson, Hutton, Clark, Westwood, etc were not much better.

I'd say theres more hope of the summer signings succeeding in this league long term than there is the existing dross-Its just an impossible ask to throw them all in together, amongst such utter garbage and expect them to hit the ground running.

We've been undone by a chairman who doesn't give a ****, is looking to get back what he can from a poor investment and who has appointed people who are way out of their depth to represent the club on a daily basis.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mental suggestion, I know, but you might want to give the manager a bit of a chance.

Yet 4 of the back 4 and keeper were already at the club.

The issues go far deeper than just the summer signings and manager and we all know that. 

Next he will be saying he wants Lambert back. 

Edit: sorry I was trying to quote the post you quoted. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Haha

Veretout is a decent player. He gave the ball away a couple of times today, but it was only because he taking risks at times and trying to play passes others would be too scared too. I would rather admire players who try to make something happen rather than criticise them when it doesn't come off. 

• Like 2

Â