The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Ah, sorry for asking. I thought you had something to say rather than PFE.

Like I said, if tomorrow you still have that hilarious opinion, I'll say plenty. 

I'm putting it down to the stress of having just lost :D

We are going down not because of the manager, but because our squad is so poor there is probably not a single position in the squad that doesn't need strengthened.

GK = poor.

LB = poor ( now Amavi is injured)

RB = poor

CB = both poor

Midfield = need additions

Strikers = poor. 

Years of mismanagement have put us in a position where some poster's are suggesting we won't even better Derby's record low points total. The club is a shambles, so whilst that shouldn't absolve Remi from criticism (I thought he got the Everton game badly wrong) he's been handed an almost impossible task. 

Its an often used cliché that (insert world class Manager) couldn't sort this out, But I think it's true in this this case. We are piss poor in every single department. And the reason we are in this position, the person most at fault?

Randolph Lerner. 

Pathetic that we lost that game and I'd place more blame on the players than the manager as Watford 2nd and 3rd were errors. Saying that though from here on its 100% on Remi as he has had his settling in time and should of seen enough from certain players to know they don't belong in the starting 11 and he needs to take action. It looks like a losing battle now and I've all but accepted us getting relegated.

• Like 1

They are so physically weak as well it's unreal

Sinclair looked dangerous in the first half but went completely invisible in the second him up against nyom in the second half was one of the biggest mismatches i've seen all season

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

They are so physically weak as well it's unreal

Sinclair up against nyom in the second half was one of the biggest mismatches i've seen all season

Which is why relegation scare's the life out of me, this lot would be ripped a new one in the championship. If (when) we go down, I really can't see us coming back at the first attempt.

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

You can see glimpses of what Remi is trying to go for and it looks good, but this squad is just far too poor to pull it off.

Which is pretty much the basis for crap management. The absolute last thing you should be doing is have your players trying to play above their limits.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Which is pretty much the basis for crap management. The absolute last thing you should be doing is have your players trying to play above their limits.

I'm a little confused, what would you have him do instead?

It's so VillaTalk to be condemning the manager after 3 games.

Especially when one of those games was a good performance and result, and another was a good performance let down by individual errors.

• Like 1

I agree with those saying we should have sacked Sherwood earlier and appointed Allardyce, I was one of those calling for that.

But we didn't, and that's not Garde's fault. He's come into an impossible situation. I believe that, if given enough time, he'd have us playing well. It'll just be in a lower division, and inevitably both owner and fans won't give him the time. So in six months time, we'll be discussing how to get out of the Championship with Neil Warnock or Nigel Pearson or Ian Holloway instead. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I'm a little confused, what would you have him do instead?

Rather than asking players to do what they aren't capable of?

Look, I'm obviously no Premier League manager, but I would identify what they players can do quite well and play a more limited way. Allerdyce does it, McLeish did it, Pulis does it and they've had, some, success. We have some decent pace in the team, but IMO we barely try and use it to our advantage. Is Garde's football decent on the eye? Yeah, I think it is. We played the ball around nicely today and we did against City as well. But there's not enough creativity, we aren't going to break down Premier League sides on a regular basis like that.

Just now, maqroll said:

I liked how at the final whistle, Remi stood at the touchline and eyeballed his players on the pitch, sizing their reactions up. Sherwood would've scampered off to the tunnel. 

Oh that's alright then!

I couldn't give 2 f@cks what he does, it's results that count

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Rather than asking players to do what they aren't capable of?

Look, I'm obviously no Premier League manager, but I would identify what they players can do quite well and play a more limited way. Allerdyce does it, McLeish did it, Pulis does it and they've had, some, success. We have some decent pace in the team, but IMO we barely try and use it to our advantage. Is Garde's football decent on the eye? Yeah, I think it is. We played the ball around nicely today and we did against City as well. But there's not enough creativity, we aren't going to break down Premier League sides on a regular basis like that.

I just don't understand this. 

We scored two goals today and created enough chances to have scored 2 or 3 more.

It's the other end that's the problem. We need to cut out the defenders making stupid mistakes. Thay's what's lost us the game.

Â