The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Garde did the most disgraceful thing that only 1 Villa manager(Lambert) has ever done before and that is make me not care about the games and not even want to watch some of them

Garde isn't responsible for your hurt feelings. It wasn't even really his fault that you didn't care about games. Suck it up.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

no was his fault because he put out teams that never went to attack the opposition, you dont need great players to try play football are Slovakia,Ireland and Iceland better than Spain, Germany and Netherlands or PSV better than Man Utd? didnt stop them competing and beating them in games

15 goals in 23 games is absolute disgusting and no getting away from it

• Like 3

Ok so good luck Remi, another step in the right direction for the club i feel. Not that he wasn't potentially a good manager but he just didn't fit into the club as expected and although he was quite clearly led up the garden path in the Summer by people who have now largely been sacked or left, i didn't like the way he turned as this destroyed any remaining hope we had.... not that there was a lot of that mind!!

I feel the way he was hung out to dry was disgraceful but then so was the way he so obviously wanted out after that which just put the final nail in the coffin.

I didn't like the way he set the team up i admit but then with effectively no strikers worthy of the division and keepers who perform howlers every other week he did have a tough job on.

I think he was the wrong appointment in the first place but the ones who decided to employ him (Fox & co) have now departed which is also a good thing.

The players purchased in the Summer didn't have a chance though for me. It takes longer than 28 games to bed in that many new players under any circumstances let alone at a club in turmoil and there is clearly something very wrong with the playing staff at present which i think is what now needs to be gotten to the bottom of if we have a chance to come back fast.

Nzog will be gone thank goodness so that's one wage sucking sub standard player out the door but there are surely others.

So it will be interesting now to see who will come in. They'll actually have a very decent opportunity to resurrect the club in my opinion. The rot has largely been removed and replaced well in my opinion...apart from the players of course, but Nzog going is a fabulous start!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Zatman, it was already a lost cause before Garde took over.

but then why did he not try attack our way to safety instead of the numb "football" we tried to pass the season by. He had one dangerous winger who he rarely used when fit even though he was a dangerman in most games the kid came on in

I said it at the time it was the manner we would go down would be how I would judge Garde and this is has been disgraceful, as for lost cause he had 27 games to save us

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

but then why did he not try attack our way to safety instead of the numb "football" we tried to pass the season by. He had one dangerous winger who he rarely used when fit even though he was a dangerman in most games the kid came on in

I said it at the time it was the manner we would go down would be how I would judge Garde and this is has been disgraceful, as for lost cause he had 27 games to save us

It would've taken much more than Adama Traore to save us. TBH my biggest Gripe with Garde is not giving Kozak a longer look. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It would've taken much more than Adama Traore to save us. TBH my biggest Gripe with Garde is not giving Kozak a longer look. 

nobody said Traore would save us but we never know if we werent allowed attack in games. My biggest gripe with him and Lambert. I dont expect Villa to win the title but to at least make it fun and exciting for the fans would be good

Awesome. If watching our side get relegated wasn't bad enough, now I get to see N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Richardson running around again having been given a "clean slate" by our next manager.

• Like 1

Had to happen. 

While we're a shambles, a mess and a complete joke, we aren't a charity for nice managers who aren't Tim Sherwood. 

Garde has a lot of positives but they count for little when you lose nearly every single game. He's been let down by the club but he's also let himself down with his negative approach to must win games and failure to get one single player performing at their best. 

I think Garde will go onto have a good career but he wasn't the right man for this job at this time. 

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Rarely has a manager who had so little success gained so much support, at least on the Internet.

Let's face it, he's been a dead man walking for some time.

Hmm, an unusual phenomenon! Almost as if there might be a reason why . . .

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Had to happen. 

While we're a shambles, a mess and a complete joke, we aren't a charity for nice managers who aren't Tim Sherwood. 

Garde has a lot of positives but they count for little when you lose nearly every single game. He's been let down by the club but he's also let himself down with his negative approach to must win games and failure to get one single player performing at their best. 

I think Garde will go onto have a good career but he wasn't the right man for this job at this time. 

That's pretty fair I suppose. 

The guy never really a chance, but I still can't say I'm sorry to see him go. He'll be a mere footnote in the history of Aston Villa, and we'll never know in truth if he could've done well with us had he been backed to even a modest degree.

The manager has become pretty much an irrelevance at Aston Villa, which only serves to underline the scale of the problems we've had above that level.

sadly he needed to go, results were poor, players couldn't be arsed to listen and learn and the board sold him down the river.

wouldn't surprise me now if we see certain players perform and put themselves in the shop window for next season.

bunch of spineless words removed.

It still makes me laugh that some people completely chastise Sherwood, but stick up for Garde. Garde's record as manager is appalling. He made no positive impact whilst here. Of course that doesn't mean Sherwood is blameless either.

• Like 2

Â