The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

FWIW I am not going to blame him for us going down whatsoever, it was a forgone conclusion but he was getting nothing out of the players whatsoever. It is the right decision to let him go before we start rebuilding for next season.

I'd take anyone with experience getting a team promoted to the PL, even Pearson :ph34r: I don't care how much of a prick they are, we need to get back first time. Not getting Allardyce in after Sherwood was a huge error.

1 minute ago, Uppernorthstander said:

I'm not having the players downed tools business and he wasn't backed! He's failed miserably at his job...

end of

Really don't see why one has to exclude the other?

Did he fail? Yes

Was he given the tools to succeed? Nope

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

He had lost the locker room ..... factions all over the place. Good tactical manager but he couldn't handle the uprising. Need a strong manager to bring back discipline as well as rid of us of some bad influences.

He never had the locker room in the first place, he just lost more as he went along. 

As for being a good tactical manager, well I'm sorry I just can't agree with that. Garde wad awful in every department including tactics. 

• Like 1

He showed absolutely nothing in his tenure to suggest he would bring us back up. But you know what, I'd still rather we kept him and got rid of every **** rocket polisher out there that's worn claret and blue this season.

If another manager comes in and decides to start with a clean slate, I'm going to lose my shit.

Cya, Remi.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uppernorthstander said:

I'm not having the players downed tools business and he wasn't backed! He's failed miserably at his job...

end of

The fact he wasn't  backed isn't a matter of opinion, he identified players in January and the board didn't buy them, ergo he wasn't  backed. And said players ended up at another team destined for the drop so it was nother to do with our postion. 

And the players haven't downed tools, really? If these plums have been trying we're  really in the sh#t when they have an off day. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Exactly. Player power even got José the sack this year (not in anyway comparing him to José) 

They say a poor tradesmen always blames his tools, but this poor sod was asked to build a castle with a butter knife and a tube of pritstick. He never stood a chance. 

Not being funny.....but many were saying last summer was the best transfer window, we have ever had and now we are saying he had nothing to work with.

shows what we all know?

I like him and think he has the potential to be a good manager at the right club. Though as I said a couple of weeks ago, we need to have as little as possible of this season hanging over us next season, a complete fresh start and Remi going is needed for that fresh start.

It doesn't matter who is next manager unless off the pitch is sorted as much as it can be under Lerner. Hopefully the things that are happening at the moment is the start of this. 

1 minute ago, YGabbana said:

Wheres all this "right manager at the wrong time" coming from, he has 1 of the worse records ever as a villa manager. Could not motivate the players and picked players who were out of form.

Euphemism.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

The fact he wasn't  backed isn't a matter of opinion, he identified players in January and the board didn't buy them, ergo he wasn't  backed. And said players ended up at another team destined for the drop so it was nother to do with our postion. 

And the players haven't downed tools, really? If these plums have been trying we're  really in the sh#t when they have an off day. 

but he said 'end of', how can you argue against that?

• Like 1

Just now, supernova26 said:

Did we really have to put our 'thanks' on record. Just a muted statement saying he has left by mutual consent would have suffice. Thanks for what exactly? We're too nice to do well in football.

:crylaugh:

It was 4 sentences.

Â