The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Uppernorthstander said:

At the start of the season would you of said our squad of players were worse than... Let's say Watford or Bournemouth? I wouldn't... So he had the tools! He hasn't utilised them.

It demonstrates a complete lack of football knowledge to say "he had the tools".....he clearly did not have the tools!

Individually our players may be the equal or better of Watford or Bournemouth but sadly Sherwood, Fox, Almstadt and Reilly failed to construct a team and so we were dramatically unbalanced and lacked any cutting edge whatsoever

Even a manager coming into a well run team needs more than four months to make his mark - a manager coming into the shambles that Garde inherited needs considerably longer.  The lack of backing in the window when it was glaringly obvious that we needed two or three new faces in vital positions was a massive error

We'll ever never know if Garde would have been any good or not, but I'll watch his future career with interest and wish him well

The next appointment will be a game changer.  For me we must appoint someone who can build a culture throughtout the club for a sustained period

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

garde couldnt motivate them, sherwood couldnt motivate them, lambert couldnt motivate them, ginger bollocks couldnt motivate them...

how many more until the finger gets pointed at the players? i cant watch these lazy bastards every week and blame someone for not shouting at them , we're a boys club, we were down before garde walked through the door

Exactly. The common denominator in all that is the words removed on the pitch. And when the likes of Houlier and Garde identified that and tried to instill some discipline they simply downed tools. 

I hope the next manager has the balls (and board backing) not to pander to these prats.

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

It demonstrates a complete lack of football knowledge to say "he had the tools".....he clearly did not have the tools!

Individually our players may be the equal or better of Watford or Bournemouth but sadly Sherwood, Fox, Almstadt and Reilly failed to construct a team and so we were dramatically unbalanced and lacked any cutting edge whatsoever

Even a manager coming into a well run team needs more than four months to make his mark - a manager coming into the shambles that Garde inherited needs considerably longer.  The lack of backing in the window when it was glaringly obvious that we needed two or three new faces in vital positions was a massive error

We'll ever never know if Garde would have been any good or not, but I'll watch his future career with interest and wish him well

The next appointment will be a game changer.  For me we must appoint someone who can build a culture throughtout the club for a sustained period

Tbh, people keep banging on about the lack of backing. The players he targeted are hardly pulling up any trees.

Im not a fan of anyone who gives up. And garde most certainly did that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

i hope the next manager has the balls (and board backing) not to pander to these prats.

**** that, ive had enough, i would sell the lot of them, dont care about how much we value them at or even what their market value is, get rid of them, gabby first, i dont want someone else coming in trying to manage them or motivate them i want them gone

i think with who we've appointed to the football board i'd be amazed if it happens, we wont sell the 4/5 high earning english wasters that we need to, we'll sell the "not good enough" french youngsters instead

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

When all is said and done I'm pleased that the club have made the correct decision to remove Remi as manager as he failed to convince at a number of aspects in his job. 

We need the next manager to give us the best chance of coming straight back up and IMO Remi didn't look to be capable of doing that.

Remi had his chance and sadly didn't deliver but best of luck to him in the future and his next role whatever it may be.

51002.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I agree...failed miserably, largely due to players downing tools and not being backed.

He's probably the only guy from the club that can walk away with any dignity after this sorry season. 

I personally wish him well

Until a few weeks ago I was in this camp.

Then he followed suit and gave up himself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Totally respect your opinion; this board is all about opinions. Its just I blame the players and the hierarchy at the club far more that Garde who I think is a decent man and probably a decent manager who has been utterly shafted by the former two. I very much doubt SAF or Pep would have done much better in the circumstances.

I think we both agree the previous board were not up yo the task. Garde may well have been a decent manager in another league in another country. 

My argument was he wasn't experienced enough to offer Villa anything . He had previously spent 18 months as a pundit on French TV. Not the qualifications required for an English premier team at the bottom of the league.  I don't believe he gave us anything on the football field , this has to be the metrics we judge the manager.

Just now, Woodytom said:

Tbh, people keep banging on about the lack of backing. The players he targeted are hardly pulling up any trees.

Im not a fan of anyone who gives up. And garde most certainly did that.

We're very very poor but you've got no idea if he "gave up"

Lack of backing was a huge error - for the message it sent to the rest of the players, for the message it sent to Garde and for the fact that two or three new faces might have delivered the kick start we needed.  They didn't need to pull up trees, just even up a drastically unbalanced team

Â