The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well no argument on your first sentence. Not sure that's a sackable offence though. How many wins would you expect with this squad? 4, 5? I think even that's ambition, so do you sack Garde for only getting 2?

More than getting the sack, i think the present hierarchy thought it was too much of a risk entrusting him to revive our fortunes....Mark explained this in an earlier post.

they simply wasn't convinced, he could do it.

If you remember Brian Clough had a similar (not the same )issue in his 44days at Leeds, except they were good enough, just didn't want to play for him.

It may not be Remi's fault......but the issue remains, next season.

Edited by TRO

nice man but easily the worst and most negative manager in the history of the club and that includes McLeish, not one game under him that I ever think we would win the game and that includes the Wycombe games. 

Players dont cover themselves in glory but manager couldnt control them which is sackable offence

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree to an extent, though he didn't do himself many favours. Even with this farce of a squad, 12 points from 60 is fairly unprecedented. He is definitely the wrong manager for this squad, the right manager would have gotten more from them. Yet another **** up all round really.

However as has rightly been said by many that doesn't make him a bad manager per-se. I don't think I could honestly tell you how good of a manager he is. Better than this though for sure. 

This season Sherwood got 4 points from a possible 30, which was relatively even worse and more unprecedented - doesn't make Garde much better but based on both their piss poor records it is fair to assume that the quality of the playing staff was the main problem. This has been coming for years and Garde was basically the final mug who inherited Lerner's 'project' that resulted in the club signing loads of **** players and little or no quality over 5/6 years. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

More than getting the sack, i think the present hierarchy thought it was too much of a risk entrusting him to revive our fortunes....Mark explained this in an earlier post.

they simply wasn't convinced, he could do it.

I'm not convinced they've thought that carefully about it. I think they're just sacking everyone involved in this season that they can sack.

Which I guess is fair enough, but like I said earlier and many times before, there's an element of throwing the baby out with the bathwater about it all. I can't help but think Garde might be the prime example of that.

But like someone else said, we don't really know how good of a manager Garde is. He certainly wasn't the right man for this job at the time, but I'm not convinced there was a right man for this job. The state of the squad that Sherwood and co had left whoever took over was laughable.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was pretty much Blah/Meh from the beginning, never felt right. However my judgement may be skewed as I actually like Tim Sherwood!

I hoped it would work, but i was unsure like you.

• Like 1

In the overall picture Garde got a hugely raw deal.  But at this moment, it's best thay he leave.  But I suspect that within 15 years or less we'll be talking about the great manager that got away.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not convinced they've thought that carefully about it. I think they're just sacking everyone involved in this season that they can sack.

Which I guess is fair enough, but like I said earlier and many times before, there's an element of throwing the baby out with the bathwater about it all. I can't help but think Garde might be the prime example of that.

But like someone else said, we don't really know how good of a manager Garde is. He certainly wasn't the right man for this job at the time, but I'm not convinced there was a right man for this job. The state of the squad that Sherwood and co had left whoever took over was laughable.

I think when situations manifest themselves to a point that you feel you have to defend yourself, inevitably things get said, that normally would not.

Remi, Sherwood & Lambert had these moments.....people tend to pick up on the bits that suit them....fans , media and hierarchy.

it gets to a point when even if its not quite untenable......its like, it is now.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't worry about Remi, he'll get a job at Marseille or another decent French club, his stock will still be high over there.

If he takes the  Marseille job then he deserves how he was treated by our board. One of worst run clubs in Europe

On 26 March 2016 at 13:57, penguin said:

At the risk of sounding like a dodgy ITK. Just seen Steve McClaren in the Hyatt, I know there are a multitude of reasons why he could be here but :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Penguin, was this a wind up? 

16 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

In the overall picture Garde got a hugely raw deal.  But at this moment, it's best thay he leave.  But I suspect that within 15 years or less we'll be talking about the great manager that got away.  

I don't know if any club has ever looked at a manager they've sacked and thought later that they were one that got away. Yeah it happens for players, and even The Beatles got rejection letters, but managers... I can't think of any examples. Open to correction.

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

I don't know if any club has ever looked at a manager they've sacked and thought later that they were one that got away. Yeah it happens for players, and even The Beatles got rejection letters, but managers... I can't think of any examples. Open to correction.

Mourinho didn't get sacked at Benfica, but they refused to given him a new contract which ended up with him resigning. I'd say that counts.

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

It wasn't. Although with the Garde news I now wish it was.

Thanks for responding mate, thought it was genuine but just wanted to check.

It is very odd that McLaren should be in Birmingham just three days before Garde goes. I really hope there is **** all in it! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Â