The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

Did we really have to put our 'thanks' on record. Just a muted statement saying he has left by mutual consent would have suffice. Thanks for what exactly? We're too nice to do well in football.

Houllier was right.

Manners cost nothing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Really don't see why one has to exclude the other?

Did he fail? Yes

Was he given the tools to succeed? Nope

At the start of the season would you of said our squad of players were worse than... Let's say Watford or Bournemouth? I wouldn't... So he had the tools! He hasn't utilised them.

6 minutes ago, Uppernorthstander said:

I'm not having the players downed tools business and he wasn't backed! He's failed miserably at his job...

end of

I agree...failed miserably, largely due to players downing tools and not being backed.

He's probably the only guy from the club that can walk away with any dignity after this sorry season. 

I personally wish him well

• Like 2

He's also had the worst villa squad of all time (premier league anyway).

He's not done a particularly good job, but he never had a chance.

If the next guy takes over soon, he'll have 6 losses by the end of the season and people will be calling for his head in the summer, despite him not being the problem.

Should still have been able to get more than 2 wins. He simply could not motivate the players, it was blatent to see. Part of being a manager is being able to motivate your players.

Granted he wasnt backed in the window, we can all agree on that point.

I just cant see how anyone can say he was the right manager at the wrong time. Based on what exactly?

• Like 2

Just now, Harry said:

So how many games before you are laying into his replacement? Five, Ten, Fifteen, Twenty games? My money is on fifteen.

Harry let's wait and see. This was a  poor appointment, and I have made my feelings on this board very clear. 

I agree...failed miserably, largely due to players downing tools and not being backed.

He's probably the only guy from the club that can walk away with any dignity after this sorry season. 

I personally wish him well

2 wins from 20, yep definatley can walk away with his head held high. Especially after conceding so many goals. Great manager

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's also had the worst villa squad of all time (premier league anyway).

He's not done a particularly good job, but he never had a chance.

If the next guy takes over soon, he'll have 6 losses by the end of the season and people will be calling for his head in the summer, despite him not being the problem.

AKA the usual suspects on VT. Sorry but someone had to point that out (BTW that's not intended as a wind up or having a go at any poster, just a general observation of life on VT, offered in a 'gallows humour' way!).

Edited by Harry

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Watford and Bournemouth had squads, or the basis of squads running on momentum and cohesion from last season.

Remi had what?

3 points?

A divided camp?

Players who treated the club as a jolly?

The simplistic viewpoint of 'lost games = is shit' is ridiculous.

Lol - great coach 

he is paid to improve all the above

lol lol lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Uppernorthstander said:

At the start of the season would you of said our squad of players were worse than... Let's say Watford or Bournemouth? I wouldn't... So he had the tools! He hasn't utilised them.

He had the "tools" alright, Lescott, Richards, Gabby to name just a few.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

So how many games before you are laying into his replacement? Five, Ten, Fifteen, Twenty games? My money is on fifteen.

If he gets the same kind of results, impact and performances as Garde then yes, 15.

Maybe 12.

Lol - great coach 

he is paid to improve all the above

lol lol lol

Paid to motivate the team and get results, and if possible, improve the playing style.

Failed at all 3.

Can leave with his head held high, seems legit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Harry let's wait and see. This was a  poor appointment, and I have made my feelings on this board very clear. 

Totally respect your opinion; this board is all about opinions. Its just I blame the players and the hierarchy at the club far more that Garde who I think is a decent man and probably a decent manager who has been utterly shafted by the former two. I very much doubt SAF or Pep would have done much better in the circumstances.

• Like 2

Â