The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Maybe the two paragraphs in your post about sherwood being the main culprit make it relevant?

Not that the usual immature and ignorant response surprises me ;)

I don't understand why you're asking me about protests, and how that adds anything to my post. Shouldn't your question be asked to the AVPG?

I'm not part of the protests so I can't answer your question.

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand why you're asking me about protests, and how that adds anything to my post. Shouldn't your question be asked to the AVPG.

I'm not part of the protests so I can't answer your question.

Not asking you about protests and you know I'm not. I'm using the protests as indication that it's not as clear cut that sherwood is as much responsible for the transfer window as you suggested he was.

I think it's as clear as day that despite inconsistent waffle in the media, sherwood did not want these players. He took his bat home as much as garde has. Yet garde seems to be given much more support from it.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not asking you about protests and you know I'm not. I'm using the protests as indication that it's not as clear cut that sherwood is as much responsible for the transfer window as you suggested he was.

I think it's as clear as day that despite inconsistent waffle in the media, sherwood did not want these players. He took his bat home as much as garde has. Yet garde seems to be given much more support from it.

I still don't really understand what point you're trying to make. I don't "know" you're not asking me about protests. Your question was specifically about protests!

Sherwood was more involved with the transfer window than Garde, that's really the only point I was making, and that's a big reason why people are more forgiving towards Garde. 

Had Garde been given 55m to spend, and spent it incredibly poorly, as part of a transfer committee then he'd rightly be given far less leeway.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I still don't really understand what point you're trying to make.

Sherwood was more involved with the transfer window than Garde, that's really the only point I was making, and that's a big reason why people are more forgiving towards Garde. 

Had Garde been given 55m to spend, and spent it incredibly poorly, as part of a transfer committee then he'd rightly be given far less leeway.

My point is simple - sherwood wasn't involved in transfers as much as you suggest he was.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

My point is simple - sherwood wasn't involved in transfers as much as you suggest he was.

But fundamentally all I'm suggesting is he was more involved than Garde. So I can't see how anyone can disagree with that, unless you're saying Sherwood had absolutely zero input, which simply isn't true according to any evidence.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But fundamentally all I'm suggesting is he was more involved than Garde. So I can't see how anyone can disagree with that, unless you're saying Sherwood had absolutely zero input, which simply isn't true according to any evidence.

I would say the only input that sherwood had was the fact he was there. I think it's as clear as day that he didn't want those players.

The transfer committee are to blame for the shoddy purchases (ironically the ones we'd all be happy keeping :D). 

I don't think it can be argued that both sherwood and Garde's mood changed immediately after both transfer windows. 

Also, and I'm just playing devils advocate here...... If sherwood was involved in the catastrophic summer transfer window and needs to be held responsible, does garde need to take some responsibility for the January transfer window? It may be suggested (along with hardball from the board) that he played a part in NOT attracting players?

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I would say the only input that sherwood had was the fact he was there. I think it's as clear as day that he didn't want those players.

The transfer committee are to blame for the shoddy purchases (ironically the ones we'd all be happy keeping :D). 

I don't think it can be argued that both sherwood and Garde's mood changed immediately after both transfer windows. 

Also, and I'm just playing devils advocate here...... If sherwood was involved in the catastrophic summer transfer window and needs to be held responsible, does garde need to take some responsibility for the January transfer window? It may be suggested (along with hardball from the board) that he played a part in NOT attracting players?

I think you're being very very generous to Tim Sherwood in saying he didn't want any of the players.

As for your last paragraph, yes, and I've said as much in this thread.

22 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

A lot of fans would be happy with keeping SOME of them. 

Richards, Lescott, Gestede, Ilori, Crespo and Sinclair were all bought in that window and have all pretty much been a disaster.

The biggest problem, as I've said all along, was failing to effectively address key areas of the pitch either through buying poorly, or not buying at all. That was the fault of the fabled "Transfer committee", and Sherwood was a big part of that.

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think Garde was just brought in at the wrong time. A proper gentleman, intelligent and articulate, and will, in my opinion, go on to better things.

I wish him luck, and will follow his career with interest.

At the moment, that would include being a shift manager at Burger King.

• Like 3

I wanted him to be my dad, some of us wanted to have sex with him, but ultimately we are glad to see him go and Villa can start the new era albeit under a huge blumin cloud called relegation.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wanted him to be my dad, some of us wanted to have sex with him, but ultimately we are glad to see him go and Villa can start the new era albeit under a huge blumin cloud called relegation.

Are we?

I'm also sceptical that this is the start of some "new era". I fully expect the same shit to continue while the incompetence at the top persists.

Are we?

I'm also sceptical that this is the start of some "new era". I fully expect the same shit to continue while the incompetence at the top persists.

I'll wait and see, you could be right. However, I'm slightly more confident with the current 'board' in place, rather than those other incompetent clowns.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think Garde was just brought in at the wrong time. A proper gentleman, intelligent and articulate, and will, in my opinion, go on to better things.

I wish him luck, and will follow his career with interest.

people said same with Lambert that he be back in Premier League within 12 months and now he is looking further away as possible

Â