The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, Mantis said:

If we appoint them my position will be the same as it was with McLeish - very unhappy but won't be calling for them to go from Day 1.

Fair enough. Bruce I'll be pissed off with. Pearson I will give a chance to as long as he leaves his massive ego at home.

Still hoping we go all out for someone like Moyes and the new board really show positive intent before Newcastle go down, say "thanks, but no thanks" to Benitez, and move for Moyes themselves.

Wouldn't worry about Remi, he'll get a job at Marseille or another decent French club, his stock will still be high over there.

Probably the most difficult manager to actually judge in all my time supporting the club, it wasn't really black and white. Yes his record was poor but he didn't have a single tool to work with.

Still let's press on, we have a two month head start on the other two relegated teams, there isn't a moment to waste, Bernstein has said as much which leads me to hope we won't **** up this appointment like most of the others.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Gabby still pissing himself with his Lambo and mansion after seeing off his 7th manager.

Piss off.

I really hope that whoever takes over gets rid of players like him. Nothing would be more infuriating than to see the new manager try and placate those scum.

• Like 2

Disappointed for him and us.

He was a victim of the hierarchy that was equally doomed, had he been aware of that I doubt he would ever have come.

so many poor managerial decisions have been a result of so many por hierarchy appointments......but we have to move on as mercenary as that sounds.

I have a hunch these new people will get it right this time

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Disappointed for him and us.

He was a victim of the hierarchy that was equally doomed, had he been aware of that I doubt he would ever have come.

so many poor managerial decisions have been a result of so many por hierarchy appointments......but we have to move on as mercenary as that sounds.

I have a hunch these new people will get it right this time

Based on what?

Just now, Mantis said:

I really hope that whoever takes over gets rid of players like him. Nothing would be more infuriating than to see the new manager try and placate those scum.

This is the my worry, the squad needs ripping to pieces.  Hopefully if a new manager is appointed swiftly he will have 5 months to access the squad and will quickly come to the same conclusion Remi did.  

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

The tossers send another one packing. 

Do you mean these new people being tossers.....because they have only just started.

or the old people who are now gone, were tossers

Just now, Mantis said:

Based on what?

I agree with Tro.

But, it's based on nothing other than blind hope and the fact that the club are buying enough tickets, so the odds are they will win a prize eventually.

I actually have a bit more faith in this board to actually get the right man in for what they actually think we can achieve, so at least that's something.  I'm just upset that Remi has had to be the piggy in the middle of all our shit, but as has been said he will get a decent gig somewhere else and be managing in Europe long before we will be playing in it.

• Like 1

Â