The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Poor bloke. Let down by the club and players. I have no idea if he was any good or not, I'm damn sure he never had a chance with the shambles here.

Thats the crux of it for me. The players have downed tools and the board failed to back him. 

Absolutely impossible to judge him.

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Yeh thanks you can no go back and enjoy your spot on French TV as a pundit, that gained you so much experience for the past 18 months that warranted you  the managers job at a English club in the mire! 

enjoy the well earned pay off!

great work if you can get it!

Somebody wishes him luck and your response is this?

• Like 2

Looking at the report on Sky the usual muppets all saying the timing is wrong, it's the wrong decision.  WTF do these people know?  Clearly the wrong man to put in charge,  how can giving a new guy the job now be the wrong decision.  We'll start our planning now, those around us and near the top of the Championship don't know which division they'll be in next season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not. My worry is they'll just go down the typical outdated British route.

I will hazard a guess.....you are going to be very disappointed in the next manager appointment.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Nigel Adkins just took over on my Football Manager save and for those of you that have seen the Oscar Borg thread you'll know that my current save is clearly tapped into the matrix.

:ph34r:

Not a bad shout...

Will be supporting Remi at his next club - really wanted him to do the business here.

Pearson will just be another Aidy Boothroyd/Eoin Coyle character hyped up by the media because they're British but destined to disappear back to anonymity in the football league...

Gives the club an excuse not to bite the fininacial bullet to get rid of some of the scum in our squad too.

Edited by El-Reacho

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Well obviously that's how it works.

Exactly. Player power even got José the sack this year (not in anyway comparing him to José) 

They say a poor tradesmen always blames his tools, but this poor sod was asked to build a castle with a butter knife and a tube of pritstick. He never stood a chance. 

FWIW I am not going to blame him for us going down whatsoever, it was a forgone conclusion but he was getting nothing out of the players whatsoever. It is the right decision to let him go before we start rebuilding for next season.

I'd take anyone with experience getting a team promoted to the PL, even Pearson :ph34r: I don't care how much of a prick they are, we need to get back first time. Not getting Allardyce in after Sherwood was a huge error.

• Like 1

Â