The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

I hope one day when we're in a better position with a better culture at the club he comes back.

Thanks Remi, just the wrong time

Thanks for what . Certain relegation a team inspired running the balls  off for every ball. Thanks for the manager bounce

what the F did he provide , shape style passion control ! 

No nothing! Sorry I didn't buy the fact he wasn't backed financially , allegedly he is a top French coach ! coach , A coach leads trains teams and inspires them. I have seen nothing of this in RG time at villa. 

Not enough experience for a club like villa in the position we were in. Poor appointment . Full stop . 

But a very nice man?

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

This is the my worry, the squad needs ripping to pieces.  Hopefully if a new manager is appointed swiftly he will have 5 months to access the squad and will quickly come to the same conclusion Remi did.  

Exactly but my fear is that the board will specifically go for somebody that will try and work with them. I remember when McLeish came in for example one of the first things he did was placate the bad eggs after Houllier had tried to get rid of them.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have a hunch these new people will get it right this time

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Based on what?

Well a hunch may be the wrong word but I'm more confident in Little and Bernstien choosing  someone rather than Fox and Reilly. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Exactly but my fear is that the board will specifically go for somebody that will try and work with them. I remember when McLeish came in for example one of the first things he did was placate the bad eggs after Houllier had tried to get rid of them.

Thats my fear too. 

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you mean these new people being tossers.....because they have only just started.

or the old people who are now gone, were tossers

Sorry i wasn't clear. I was referring  to the players. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. 

Well a hunch may be the wrong word but I'm more confident in Little and Bernstien choosing  someone rather than Fox and Reilly. 

I'm not. My worry is they'll just go down the typical outdated British route.

Just now, Uppernorthstander said:

finally!

10 games to late this decision!

He should have been sacked after 12 games?

We'd be even more of a joke than we actually are if we did that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Good luck Remi, club never gave you a chance

Yeh thanks you can no go back and enjoy your spot on French TV as a pundit, that gained you so much experience for the past 18 months that warranted you  the managers job at a English club in the mire! 

enjoy the well earned pay off!

great work if you can get it!

Â