The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

13 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

He did make us harder to beat, and results were improving - but once this squad decided that it wasn't going to fight anymore, or stupid individual errors cost us games, then we were going down regardless. 

All this without a premier league standard striker or goalkeeper.

He should be given this summer to build his team. 

Villa.jpg

In this good spell, we played a league 2 side twice. 

13 minutes ago, sne said:

YES! He has the right TOOLs

No Rush, but he could be our Dark side of the Moon

We need a 21st Century Schizoid Manager to overhaul this Fragile squad or be stuck in the lower leagues until 2112 and beyond.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Imagine if the club came out and said (i), they are 100% behind Garde and (ii) that they acknowledge that a complete clear out of players not having the right attitude will now take place in cooperation between Garde and the board, and (iii) the club will now prepare for the Championship with Garde as the manager and with the clear ambition to be promoted next season. Will of course never happen but that would be refreshing and provide a "new start" as required. 

new start yes

Absolutely

It Should happen and would be well worth the try.

Going by what Hollis & Bernstein have said, it could also happen.

The real problem is getting rid of all the cancer instead of hiring a manager who'll give Gaby, Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Westwood & Bacuna yet another chance to prove how shit they are albeit in a lower league.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

new start yes

Absolutely

It Should happen and would be well worth the try.

Going by what Hollis & Bernstein have said, it could also happen.

The real problem is getting rid of all the cancer instead of hiring a manager who'll give Gaby, Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Sinclair, Westwood & Bacuna yet another chance to prove how shit they are albeit in a lower league.

At least the Cancer now has the medication. Ok its not a cure, but i'm sure it will make us better in the long run.

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

<insert prog rock band here>

Genesis - The Kings of prog rock.

Gabriel being the ultimate God Banks, Hacket, Collins & Rutherford Gods of distinction

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We need a 21st Century Schizoid Manager to overhaul this Fragile squad or be stuck in the lower leagues until 2112 and beyond.

Blimey - haven't heard 2112 for a looooong time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Imagine if the club came out and said (i), they are 100% behind Garde and (ii) that they acknowledge that a complete clear out of players not having the right attitude will now take place in cooperation between Garde and the board, and (iii) the club will now prepare for the Championship with Garde as the manager and with the clear ambition to be promoted next season. Will of course never happen but that would be refreshing and provide a "new start" as required. 

I think that would be poor. There's no guarantee we will be able to shift the players or bring in the required amount of quality, so we could look incredibly daft in the summer. 

Also, if Garde stays then it's safe to say we're going to lose nearly all remaining games. I don't see how a manager can rectify that sort of losing streak over a summer. I think relationships between manager and players and manager and fans would be so broken it would have a negative impact at the start of next season. 

12 hours ago, Mantis said:
12 hours ago, Mantis said:

12 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I detest him more than i detested Mcleish when he was here.  At least mcleish gave a feck

What makes you think he doesn't? Genuinely perplexed by this comment.

My mistake, I was talking about Agbonlahor that i detest.  Dont really have an opinion on Garde.  Probably the right man at the wrong time.

13 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

It's English Passion and it's what we know and respect . Nothing MORONIC about being a fan and wanting traditional  English values. This is the English premier  last time I looked!.

god save the queen !

Vive la republique!

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I listen to music

Me too.

I also enjoy watching films.

By the way, I have been meaning to ask you if you knew if Jake the Snake has recovered from being blinded by his snake ?

I was quite concerned for him.

Edited by dounavilla
  • Like 1

Â