The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, terrytini said:

I don't think I've read a single comment that excuses the players.  Do you think you are the only person who realises our players are not that good ?  Most, if not all, who have criticised Garde - and I have, although I have been positive about certain aspects at certain times too - have also acknowledged, either when criticising or earlier , the quality of players, the mess, the owner, and everything else.

But he HAS to have some responsibility fro our results and performances, and both are shocking.

Yeah the responsibility comes in the form of him, taking on this bunch of losers not knowing the board where yet again, going to hang him out to dry.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't think I've read a single comment that excuses the players.  Do you think you are the only person who realises our players are not that good ?  Most, if not all, who have criticised Garde - and I have, although I have been positive about certain aspects at certain times too - have also acknowledged, either when criticising or earlier , the quality of players, the mess, the owner, and everything else.

But he HAS to have some responsibility fro our results and performances, and both are shocking.

See my comment above and I will pose my usual question at this point. Who instead of Garde? This club is rotten to the core so no decent manager in his right mind would touch us if he has an ounce of common sense.

I think he has said that he is responsible.....but has also said the players are not good enough.

as I see it its either him or them, because they are not playing for him.

There is one thing the players not being good enough and another not putting in the effort....but we are guilty of both.

• Like 1

I do not know what to think of Garde, I do not know if he deserves to manage us next season, but the fans should back him up, and constantly attack the players and board as they are our major problem at the moment. We all know that Garde agrees with that and would change most of the team out in the summer if given a chance. Backing the manager would probably piss of most of the players and board members too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Harry said:

See my comment above and I will pose my usual question at this point. Who instead of Garde? This club is rotten to the core so no decent manager in his right mind would touch us if he has an ounce of common sense.

Ok.  First off, I don't pretend to have all the answers.  Its like the joke about asking for directions "Well I wouldn't start from here".....everything is a mess and there are as many pitfalls in choosing one way out as another.  Additionally I have said although I now lean towards him getting sacked I have always said weigh it up properly, so still time to look at him, but not much if we agree that any new Manager would benefit from seeing the players in action for a month or so.  (I use the word 'action' advisedly).

Second..you said in your Post 50% of the players are u/s.  Well if that is the case how is Garde performing with the other 50% ?...answer - poor. So even if we did get rid of half of them (unlikely) and bring some in where is the evidence he will make that work ?

Thirdly, I don't know all the Managers out there.  But there are Managers who have proven themselves adept with lower League Clubs, and there is an argument to say one of them would be a fair bet. as regards their state of mind, I would imagine managing us would be regarded by most of them as a win/win.  Everyone expects a mess, if it is, little blame (see Garde for a fair while), if you DO achieve, then a shot in the Premier League.

FInally there are a couple of Managers out of work right now, Moyes and Pearson. I don't like either of them.  I suspect many don't. But there is an argument that either would do no worse than the returns we have got from Garde. Pearson in particular might, might, be a good bet, in that one suspects that with him we will either crash and burn pretty quickly or see definite improvement equally quickly.  He knows the League, he is a nutcase, he has done it before.   I'm not advocating him, just answering your point as to who.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I do not know what to think of Garde, I do not know if he deserves to manage us next season, but the fans should back him up, and constantly attack the players and board as they are our major problem at the moment. We all know that Garde agrees with that and would change most of the team out in the summer if given a chance. Backing the manager would probably piss of most of the players and board members too. 

I keep reading that.  A lot of these players are going to be extremely unwanted, well paid, white elephants, going nowhere.

And who will we buy ?  If its Remi, can we expect another Euro influx....did that work last time ?  Would we prefer lower League experience ?  If so, is that Garde ?

Don't know, I don't have an axe to grind or point to prove, but I just see a lot of flaws in the 'keep Remi' arguments.  Many seem to be based on 'imagine what he could do with his own players' without much extrapolation as to how and why that would and should work.

17 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Ok.  First off, I don't pretend to have all the answers.  Its like the joke about asking for directions "Well I wouldn't start from here".....everything is a mess and there are as many pitfalls in choosing one way out as another.  Additionally I have said although I now lean towards him getting sacked I have always said weigh it up properly, so still time to look at him, but not much if we agree that any new Manager would benefit from seeing the players in action for a month or so.  (I use the word 'action' advisedly).

Second..you said in your Post 50% of the players are u/s.  Well if that is the case how is Garde performing with the other 50% ?...answer - poor. So even if we did get rid of half of them (unlikely) and bring some in where is the evidence he will make that work ?

Thirdly, I don't know all the Managers out there.  But there are Managers who have proven themselves adept with lower League Clubs, and there is an argument to say one of them would be a fair bet. as regards their state of mind, I would imagine managing us would be regarded by most of them as a win/win.  Everyone expects a mess, if it is, little blame (see Garde for a fair while), if you DO achieve, then a shot in the Premier League.

FInally there are a couple of Managers out of work right now, Moyes and Pearson. I don't like either of them.  I suspect many don't. But there is an argument that either would do no worse than the returns we have got from Garde. Pearson in particular might, might, be a good bet, in that one suspects that with him we will either crash and burn pretty quickly or see definite improvement equally quickly.  He knows the League, he is a nutcase, he has done it before.   I'm not advocating him, just answering your point as to who.

Not having a go at you mate. I'm just posing a general question.

I very much doubt any half decent manager wants to come to this club. I would very much like Moyes who strikes me as a complete b*stard which is maybe what our squad needs but I think he would run a mile at an offer of managing us. My point about Garde is that its impossible to judge him as he has inherited a bunch of demotivated players who are happy to collect their pay cheques and give next to nothing in return. He was not allowed to bring in anyone in January so is stuck with the mistakes made by Sherwood and the 'Committee'. OK I accept the point that maybe another manager could have got more out of them but I don't think any manager could as the malaise we have is just too deeply rooted. Personally I think Garde could do much better if he had the chance to shape the squad and get rid of the obvious wastes of space. Just my opinion obviously.

Edited by Harry

Regardless of what I have said I think he will be off in the summer anyway as he can clearly see where the club is going.

No worries I didn't think you were having a go.  We are all struggling in the same nightmare.

I'm not sure I agree though when you say it is 'impossible' to judge him.  I think there have been some good and bad things on which it has been reasonable to form a view, and our Form and perfromances are a part of that, although I agree with the circumstances making definitive judgements very difficult.

• Like 1

We cannot continue to run with hidden agendas and we cannot continue to keep sacking managers despite the poor run of results, something is clearly broken.

One way or another we need Remi to come out and declare honestly what the problem is and why he cannot fix it and neither could his predecessor.

as much as we all know that can't happen for so many reasons......IT MUST.

Its not a case of a bit of whistleblowing the future of the club is at stake....we need some honest answers, successive managers are failing to arrest the slide.

what exactly is going on at this.....closed shop?

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I keep reading that.  A lot of these players are going to be extremely unwanted, well paid, white elephants, going nowhere.

And who will we buy ?  If its Remi, can we expect another Euro influx....did that work last time ?  Would we prefer lower League experience ?  If so, is that Garde ?

Don't know, I don't have an axe to grind or point to prove, but I just see a lot of flaws in the 'keep Remi' arguments.  Many seem to be based on 'imagine what he could do with his own players' without much extrapolation as to how and why that would and should work.

Garde does not seem to like any of the players (pure speculation on my part) which is why I think he would try to get rid of most of them. I am also not saying keep him to next season, as I don't know if I would want to keep him myself, but I would like the fans to back him up, sing his name and criticize the players and board, as they are our major problem, not the manager. 

I also do not think the Euro players have been our biggest problem this season, our worst players have been Richards, Lescott, Hutton (even though he runs a lot he is still shit), Gabby not turning up at all, Grealish with our better player (not good) have been Ayew and.. that's about it. Also we have no reason to expect a Euro influx as he has not shown preference to the foreign players. 

My personal pick for manager next season would be Rowett, proven with a shiet team, that is similarly to our club horribly run. Young but still experienced in the lower league.  (imo needs to be quite young, as we need to hire the a manager for the long haul, not one that will just get us up to become a yoyo club) 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

We cannot continue to run with hidden agendas and we cannot continue to keep sacking managers despite the poor run of results, something is clearly broken.

One way or another we need Remi to come out and declare honestly what the problem is and why he cannot fix it and neither could his predecessor.

as much as we all know that can't happen for so many reasons......IT MUST.

Its not a case of a bit of whistleblowing the future of the club is at stake....we need some honest answers, successive managers are failing to arrest the slide.

what exactly is going on at this.....closed shop?

And the best way of getting him to come out honestly, is if he likes us :) sing songs for him, show him that we know it is not his fault, show the players that we don't like them, show the board that we hate them.

Feel it is necessary to also say I have no reason to believe he is the right manager for us or even a good manager, it just clearly is not his fault we are where we are

Edited by Chicken Field

I don't know if he is a good manager, there is nothing so far to suggest he is aside from the fact he seems to be honest and perceptive. I have sympathy that the board shafted him over transfers in January.

But I look at recent team line ups and we already back in Lambert, McCleish and Sherwood territory.

Can't decide which of our terrible keepers is the least worst.

Doesn't know his best back 4, chops and changes between Richards, Hutton and Okore. Dropped Okore who is the best of a bad bunch. Plays Richards who always hands goals to the opposition on a silver platter, along with Hutton who can't defend.

Brought in Clark who hasn't had a good game under anyone in a stupidly long time. 

Playing a back 5 - IT NEVER WORKS, IT HAS NEVER STOPPED US LOSING! 

Dropping Gil, who maybe average of late but is the only creative midfielder we have as none of the others can do shit all.

Over reliance on Westwood and Bacuna, when he should be blooding Mason or Lyden

Playing Gabby instead of Gestede or any of the youngsters, not saying Gestede is much cop either but at least he adds some attacking presence.

No-one ever gets into the box to try and meet the 2 crosses or set pieces a game we manage.

I actually miss Sanchez's clown cartoonery in midfield who seems to have a mystery injury that has silently ruled him out for the rest of the season.

Yes this squad is the worst we have ever had, but I have completely lost my faith in Garde to actually pick a team that offers anything other than humiliating defeat.

Edited by VillanousOne

Interesting story in the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-7501206

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde may quit before end of the season rather than be axed in summer

Remi Garde WILL leave Aston Villa at the end of the season, writes Neil Moxley in the Sunday People.

Frenchman Garde will either be sacked or resign after relegation moved a step closer on Saturday with a 4-0 thrashing at Manchester City.

Garde’s position is already the subject of a top-level review at Villa Park following a disastrous five months since his appointment — as revealed in Sunday People Sport two weeks ago.

New chairman Steve Hollis has already asked about replacements.

It appears the Villans will call time on Garde’s spell in charge – allowing him to limp on until the end of the season before sweeping changes ahead of a Championship campaign.

In pictures — Man City inflict Aston Villa's latest heavy defeat:

Senior club figures were called into a meeting on Wednesday with Hollis, as he sought answers for owner Randy Lerner.

Chief executive Tom Fox, sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and director of recruitment Paddy Riley are in the firing line.

But so too is Garde – and it now appears certain he will either be shown the exit door or walk himself.

The former Lyon boss, winner of just two league matches since replacing the sacked Tim Sherwood in early November, has cut an increasingly desperate figure.

He was given no help during the January window, as all of his targets failed to materialise.

And it was questions about signings which saw him walk out of his pre-match press conference on Friday.

Remi Garde storms out of press conference as pressure mounts

Even though Hollis is making contingency plans, it could even be the case that Garde quits before the end of the season — avoiding the stain of relegation on his CV.

Sources close to the Midlands club have confirmed he is aware that his managerial reputation is taking a fearful beating.

The board would be mad to sack Garde. You can't appoint someone like him, refuse to back him and then sack him in the summer when the inevitable happens.

Edited by Mantis

Â