The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

We are never gonna get a top manager. So I Wonder who's next in the firing line. I will be shocked if just changing the manager could ever turn this squad round.

We look at what Pearson did at Leicester last season. Anyone one who thinks he would come here and motivate this team into a winning mentality are in cloud cockoo land. This team of knobbers would revolt against the likes of Pearson. Its a culture issue, an it has been going on for many seasons at our club.

Thing is you can't call Garde a promising young manager. He will be 50 in less than a month's time. Inexperienced yes-young,no.  I think he will be back in France managing a decent top flight club by the end of the year, none the worse off. I want him to turn it around but we need more than a promising manager to do that. Lerner out.

Couldn't care less if he walked or got sacked tomorrow. Has no (positive) impact at all.

We won't get anyone better to replace him either, so I don't mind if he sticks around for the rest of the season either.

I guess that means Garde is a non-factor to me.

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

What happens then? We get a manager in who has all pre season to assess the players then realises when it's too late they're a bunch of clearings in the woods and is stuck with them until Jan by which time he gets the sack? Remi needs to go early or not at all. We need next seasons manager in place before the squad breaks for the summer so he knows what they're like. 

If the choice is early or not at all then he needs to go now. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We are never gonna get a top manager. So I Wonder who's next in the firing line. I will be shocked if just changing the manager could ever turn this squad round.

We look at what Pearson did at Leicester last season. Anyone one who thinks he would come here and motivate this team into a winning mentality are in cloud cockoo land. This team of knobbers would revolt against the likes of Pearson. Its a culture issue, an it has been going on for many seasons at our club.

Just changing the manager will not turn this club around, but neither will just sticking with Garde.

I hate the idea of providing someone with a job just because of what when on before. It was up to Garde to prove he's capable of doing something here over his 3 year contract and at the moment he's failing to do that. 

• Like 1

If the new manager whoever it is keeps Richards, Lescott etc at this club he will be fired soon enough and would be yet another causality to add to the Randy Lerner regime.

We need to shift them out if they can't be shifted then a bomb squad needs to be created even if it is unsustainable. My main concern is a manager coming in and giving these lot another chance they don't deserve it. If they think the premier league is a struggle the championship is a slog and I can quite easily see us being relegated again. They don't even have the basics in terms of work rate.

• Like 2

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

If the new manager whoever it is keeps Richards, Lescott etc at this club he will be fired soon enough and would be yet another causality to add to the Randy Lerner regime.

Maybe a strong manager might be able to get these players to play well?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Basics is all we want,  a good old sergeant  major type to throttle a few and leave limbs scattered all over bodymoor heath. :)

I remember when NRC throttled MON 

We've got a bunch of strikers who can't score, a midfield who can't create or score themselves, or defend, and a defence with not one reliable defender, oh and chuck in 2 bang average goalies, and i think that is what RG has inherited.

Its hard to judge RG, and hard to see anybody else getting more out of them.RL had to spend about £5m to get rid of managers, i don't see the point of wasting anymore money for another punt if i'm honest.

Just be glad to see this season, and get rid of some of the dross that we have got.

It's not like Richards has a history similar to John Terry or something in terms of defending. He didn't get a look in at Fiorentina and it's easy to see why.

West Brom were to happy to let go Lescott go and again it's easy to see why.

This isn't a retirement home.

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just changing the manager will not turn this club around, but neither will just sticking with Garde.

I hate the idea of providing someone with a job just because of what when on before. It was up to Garde to prove he's capable of doing something here over his 3 year contract and at the moment he's failing to do that. 

I wanted Sherwood and Lambert gone. But its getting a bit thin on the ground that we need yet another manager to turn this squad around.. For me its discipline chap, an that needs to start coming from the top. As I said previous, not even Pearson could not discipline this squad.

27 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Basics is all we want,  a good old sergeant  major type to throttle a few and leave limbs scattered all over bodymoor heath. :)

Errm, tried that with a Mr Roy Keane. Didn't work.

Bring someone in who knows what they are doing. 

Buying, picking and setting a team up to win games in the Championship. If they've never got a team out of that league then dont bother. 

IMO its impossible to judge Garde, None of these players are 'his' and I very much doubt SAF of Pep G could do any better. The squad is utterly shot on confidence and the instant the first goal goes in we are finished. Personally I would keep him and let him shift out all the shite which is 50% of our squad. The players play with no price, commitment or effort.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Haven't you heard, its the managers fault. 

I don't think I've read a single comment that excuses the players.  Do you think you are the only person who realises our players are not that good ?  Most, if not all, who have criticised Garde - and I have, although I have been positive about certain aspects at certain times too - have also acknowledged, either when criticising or earlier , the quality of players, the mess, the owner, and everything else.

But he HAS to have some responsibility fro our results and performances, and both are shocking.

Â